Getting a new mattress for my guests, need your help!

@KenH wow, you can’t beat this price!!!

Here’s a website that has reviews of mattresses. Also, mattress companies often offer discounts via this site.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Will take a look!)

We went with a queen size, firm grade Sealy mattress and box spring, with a 2" foam topper – sort of hard with a soft edge. The guests rave about the good night’s sleep. The best thing was we got it at a local discount store for $250 delivered!

1 Like

My guests have raved about my Nest Alexander Series Medium. I slept on one 3 nights as well when I stayed with an Airbnb host in the fall. It was so comfortable I am thinking of replacing my own mattress with one. That said, I don’t think they are $600. I got mine for free but I believe they have discontinued the promotion. If I were you I would contact them and see if you can get a discount in exchange for promoing the bed in your rental. You will also have to have it on a platform bed or a box spring which may be an additional expense.

If I were going to buy one at the store and had access to a truck, I’d find out what Costco’s return policy is on mattresses. The online companies let you try them for a certain period.

2 Likes

We LOVE the Nest Alexander Hybrid as well and the pillows are my favorite.

3 Likes

Ditto on the Alexander medium with topper. On the expensive side but nest may give you a discount if you use the code ABB1. It’s way better than Tuft Needle

1 Like

Thank you, tried to contact Nest and T&N 6 months ago, it was already too late. Agree about Cosco policy, have just ordered a memory foam 12 inch for $600 from them. Hope my guests will like it!

1 Like

We splurged ($1000) and went with a Consumer Reports top-rated mattress from Charles P. Rogers. It gives us a good talking point for our listing. One of our guests actually bought one after his stay.

Editing to add: I’ve done a lot of mattress research because I’m personally obsessed with comfort. In my research I’ve found that a firmer mattress will give the best support for a majority of people/sizes. Also, many find memory foam too warm. Natural latex sleeps cooler, is very supportive, and will last.

1 Like

I bought two of these on Amazon as advised in another forum entry. Fabulous value ($300 for queen size!). and our guests have loved them!

1 Like

I obtained a used one year old IKEA spring mattress for free from someone who was leaving the country, and most of my guests think it’s fantastic even after another year of heavy usage. I’m a perfectionist so I don’t like it personally (it’s firm but also saggy around the edges) but most guests are seem to have very low standards. Based on my own travels on Airbnb most mattresses are terrible so I suppose they’re pleasantly surprised when it’s reasonably comfortable?

If I were to upgrade I would choose a name brand hotel mattress like the Westin Heavenly Bed purely for marketing purposes.

1 Like

Hi guys! Ended up buying a mattress from Costco for $500. If our guests don’t like it, I return the mattress and get a different one. Thank you all for the input!
:heart:

1 Like