Furniture conundrum…it’s not going to look like the place they booked

Of course not. I would consider a guest who complained that the bedspread was a different color from the photos to be insane. And I would laugh at such a complaint.

2 Likes

Do not give the Airbnb minions any ideas about more amenity checkboxes to add! :grin:

3 Likes

I usually book several months in advance for one month minimums, and I include in my initial message that we make updates and upgrades on an ongoing basis, so the furniture and decor may not be identical to that in the photos when they book. No one has ever commented on a change. A more drastic change, I’d give them more information. It looks like an improvement to me, but who knows, maybe some guests really want to stay at your MIL’s house.
I wouldn’t tell people about new linens on all, we have several sets and different weights by season, so of course those change all the time - people don’t expect the same blankets, I don’t think.
But I think you should definitely let them know if the bed count is changing and what the arrangements will be and allow cancellation (or you could postpone the change?). (Personally I hate fold out beds and read very carefully to make sure there enough real beds for my family when I book.)

2 Likes

This is very funny. [But if they’re insane they didn’t have legal capacity to make the reservation – I say this as a way to use more than 20 characters.]

2 Likes

I replaced my living room sofa a few months ago and didn’t change the photos. Then in the past month completely remodelled my kitcen so it’s much nicer but have not bothered updating photos. This is a self-contained apartment. Nobody has commented in reviews.

This is the kind of thing you should update. A kitchen that looks substantially different could lead a guest to think that the apartment in the photos is a different apartment and that is grounds for a refund. Yes, even if the kitchen now is “much nicer.”

2 Likes

I recently had a bladder infection and discovered why the cushions on my extremely slow electric lift chair are wipe down plastic. TMI?

3 Likes

Good idea. Will take some photos this weekend and update. Never know - might get some more booking :slight_smile:

Your transparency is anything but TMI, it’s totally awesome with a sprinkle of yuk :rofl: .
Thank you !!!

3 Likes

Furthermore, I have to say this newbie has enjoyed reading all post from all of you veteran host. Sad to say I’m gone, first of all I’m not wanted here no one cares for arbitrage type folks no matter what the ‘type’.
I was very dream to @muddy and a couple others however one of the last post from well I feel wrong being here. Moms day and my bday just passed, best bday present was collecting my gal from the SeaTac airport early Monday morn may 9 from university in Hawaii. Got my ‘luggage’ back :rofl:. Sad thing was/is she had to pack up things her dorm and our Airbnb business out there… the New Bill 41 annihilated is amongst other matters.
Now bringing the transparency front and center. I wonder who of you that have listened to my silence and read my responses knows what the hell I speak of? Btw please go easy… moms day my bday and business done… kk?
Gnite. Not even sure how to remove self from here no need in reading anything if not part of the group.

A little confused…this is an international Board.
In regards to rental arbitrage, it is sold as an easy way to make money.
Unfortunately a lot of leaseholder lie and say they will be living in the property, but instead list on Airbnb and when something bad happens - it is all on the landlords head. This was a particular issue in New York and also London and Sydney.

What were you looking for from this board?

1 Like

I’m only posting in this thread to voice an opinion. I think the time stamps on the threads should be modified to be the full date. Mar '22 (last year) looks way too much like Mar 22 (last week.)

1 Like

Yeah that apparently confuses people. I’ll look into how to change it.

1 Like

I only mention cuz I get into reading a thread, and I’m excited to have something to contribute and THEN I come to the realization that my comment will be a year or so out of context… :wink:

I can’t change it as a moderator. @tom2, forum owner, might have access to other settings. In the meantime, looking for the apostrophe in front to the 22 is all you can do.

It is because you are ignoring the punctuation. Did this approach work in your high school composition class? :rofl:

Like how “eats, shoots and leaves” looks too much like “eats shoots and leaves”?

3 Likes

Back then my eyesight was much better. And a little fleck next to a character was more pronounced.

Literally on a sandwich board at a favorite brunch place…

Punctuation matters!
No more mimosas!
No, more mimosas!

2 Likes

And in Australia, that man is called a Wombat!:scream::joy::crazy_face:

1 Like