Funniest/weirdest reviews

In the private feedback, but still. I’ve read it over and over but don’t understand it.

What could leave the note for a future improvement would be a bed, actually the bed guard, because the pillows can stand behind the bed on the floor.

3 Likes

I like trying to decipher stuff but… wtf? I think they mean the head rest (or lack of one?) did not stop the the pillows falling down behind the bed.
Or maybe they meant something else entirely. I really need to know now! I think you should contact them and ask for further details (for my mental health).

1 Like

Do you have a headboard on the bed? It kind of sounds like they mean the bed lacks a headboard so the pillows fall on the floor.

1 Like

Translation (I think):
“If we could recommend anything for improvement it would be for the bed, to put in a headboard (or side rails?, if such a thing is used elsewhere in the world), because the pillows tend to fall off”

I hate it when beds don’t have something at the head to keep the pillows from slipping off in the night time and you wake up without a pillow.

1 Like

All good suggestions but yes, there is a headboard. And that bed has been having guests for years with no complaints. Weird! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They checked in late, stayed one night and checked out on time (10am) the next day. On top of leaving all my usual notes and instructions (including the fact that I work long hours but am always available via the app) I messaged them during their brief stay to welcome them, to contact me if they need anything etc etc etc.

Marked down in review because “we did not meet the host”.

A three day stay I could understand (I’m on-site)…but REALLY?

2 Likes

This was my funniest one- guy only speaking about my charms, nothing about the flat.
I left in the typo’s.

Dear Airbnb and Elizabeth :wink: really Elizabeth she so cute and freindlay alwasy smiling .
I like her

6 Likes

" She didn’t even show us how to use the kitchen." Says 3 adults, celebrating one’s retirement. Now I show people the kitchen and tell them, " This is the sink, you turn this nob. Here’s the refrigerator" and I open the refrigerator door. I unfortunately do not own a StarTrek food replicator. What did she need to know??? And one of the adults lived 2 hours from my house!!! It’s not like they were in a different country.

5 Likes

Do you have an unusual oven or something? I wouldn’t worry about that review. Other guests will see it and think it is ridiculous

I posted mine on another thread but my funniest review was that I live near Disneyland. I’m in Seattle!!

1 Like

Do you think they got you mixed up with another airbnb?

We had a lady claim that she had an allergic reaction to our carpets once. Gave us 1 star for cleanliness too.

the man who I argued with at 3am when his group flooded my kitchen from their bathroom above, gave me 4stars, and simply said “very nice”.
I was happy with that.

1 Like

I think Seattle somehow auto-corrected to Disneyland because everything else the guest wrote matched my listing. Thankfully it was a nice review, but might make someone new to AirBnB worry my listing is a scam.

1 Like

Sometimes “Disneyland” is used in the vernacular to mean “colorful” or negatively, too much of whatever for their senses.

This past week I was at a business conference where the theme of the campus was so very over the top that when I texted a colleague what he thought, his only response was “Disneyland”.

Brittany, wow, I get the same thing. And believe me, if there’s an item in that place, that they can use, and then fence responsibility of the product being operable, or not being able to use it, they will find it and bring it to you as if you did something to them.

One time we had a guest that must have left a lighter on the stove, so they could use it. The cleaning lady did not see it as the stove was clean. The next guest came in, and lit the stove somehow, its a camping stove, and left the lighter next to the flame, and the lighter exploded. We were perplexed, and it as insinuated as if it were our fault for leaving the lighter next to the stove. But we didn’t. And our service person didn’t. But we don’t have eyes, inside their head, to do something common sense, like not placing the lighter in that spot after you lit the fire. Like if you found it there, and then lit the stove and then put it back there, with the stove lit, that’s not something we could possibly understand. Its camping, and there’s not a kitchen you can build. If you leave a bottle of fluid next to the fire, it will probably ignite. We have bbq grill brushes, that in order to see it you have to put it on the fire pit, so they can find it. And that its relatively clean. If they use the fire pit and do not remove it, it melts into a heaping pile of plastic with little cleaning needles sticking out of it. We lose them constantly to guests just not removing it, and we can’t put a sign up for every little thing.

How do you use this that or the other. Wow. It’s immense. We try label, we try signs, and we definitely have started a manual section in the house manual binder. So now we have a section of the binder, that has the product manual and operating instructions, in different languages, for everything we can possibly think of, and its kinda like an inventory checklist as well.

no, we have a totally normal oven. They didn’t even use the kitchen…must have been because I didn’t show them how to use it.