Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Full Time Holiday Let - Change of use/planning restrictions UK

Hello everyone! A little advice if you may, I’m looking to become an Airbnb host. I have a room in my house that I can rent out, which i have got my head around what’s involved with that.

My question lies with renting out a property full time via Airbnb. I have seen a studio apartment close to me that I think if bought it would make a great Airbnb. It’s in the roof space of a building but has its own access, ect. I have read a few thing online about restrictions for renting out a property full time for short term holiday lets. The property is based in Taunton, UK. What are the avenues that I need to check out to understand if it would be ok to use the studio apartment as a holiday let? It’s lease hold so i would need to check restrictions on the lease, but is there anything else local authority wise that could stop me renting it out for holidays? Would it be a change of use?

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

I think I would speak to your local Tourist Info Bureau; failing that, the planning department in your local authority, Town or District Council with lead responsibility for change of use.

Only your local authority can answer that question @B.Park . Give them a call and find out whether you need to register it as a holiday let, what you might need to do in terms of fire regs, business rates etc.

I agree with Joan talk to your local TIC about how you can work with them to promote your place and any advice they can offer.

Thanks a lot for your advice both of you, great help. I will act on that and fingers crossed.

Cheers

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!