Former guest (from 2 years ago) Sends nasty Airbnb email TODAY

No, we can’t see each other’s listings unless it’s shared here publicly. Some members also share their listings with other members privately. The general rule is that you don’t post another member’s listing or give identifying information about it that they haven’t already made public. Some of us have been posting here for years and are also friendly with one another off the forum. I’ve stayed in 5 listings of people I got to know from the forum.

In addition to the screenshot shadowmnt posted above, she’s posted her listing here in the past, as have a number of other members. Most regulars will share their listing privately if you ask but might not want it on the public part of the forum since that’s literally available for anyone on the internet to see.

Yes it should have taken you to her profile.

3 Likes

Only thing that makes sense is she just tried to book another Airbnb and was declined or cancelled when the host saw your review of her.

Or she’s doing a project where she contacts everyone who she feels ever did her wrong and gives them s**t. Sort of the reverse of when people are in AA or other therapy and make amends to everyone they’ve done wrong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a bad review. I going to assume she was turned down by a host and blames you. And, like @jaquo said, alcohol could be involved. A case of Whiskey Fingers.

3 Likes

Agree. That review would def make me think twice about hosting them, likely a host turned them down or called them out for it and they were pissed.

3 Likes

I agree with everyone else that the review that you left her is a bad review. I would not host her because of it. And this woman contacted you 2 years later to call you a liar. I don’t want to deal with people like that. So, yes, you gave her a bad review. And I want to thank you for giving her a bad review. And whoever just declined her because of the bad review also thanks you.

14 Likes

And I also thank whomever declined her due to the bad review.

6 Likes

She only has one review - from you - so she really is dogged on Airbnb. But I applaud your honest review. You did the right thing.

7 Likes

Thanks ya’ll…Sometimes it’s hard to write stuff like that, at least for me. But I know I would appreciate it from someone else. And I’ve committed to always stick to that. Luckily no guests like her have turned up since.
I think you all are right, she got turned down recently and probably the reason was given was because of her one and only review, so she turned on me for blame.
I doubt anything else is behind it. Just a maladjusted human…

6 Likes

Don’t respond to trash like this.

Only hit dogs holler

1 Like

Cars, phones, & email should come with a breathalyzer key for access. Over the limit-no access.

1 Like

Also too, she left a negative review for you. Some hosts routinely drill down & seek those out. Yet another reason a host may decline her.

3 Likes

Which is exactly why I don’t post here during the evening. :wine_glass:

:rofl:

5 Likes

Could that message have been hung up in Airbnb’s message system and was actually sent 2 years ago? Maybe something happened and the system just released the message to you.

2 Likes

Sounds very strange actually. She can still get hot under the collar after two years ? I don’t even remember what I was doing two years ago, unless facebook reminds me ha ha. It’s quite scary that you can attract this sort of ire just for hosting.

2 Likes