For the experts... What multisite service offers the best for you and why?

Hello all,

As the title says, what service do you use to publish your rentals in several websites and why do you use them? Any advice will definitely be appreciated!

Thank you

I don’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying. So you only do ABB? is it profitable enough for you?

I get 50% from Airbnb and 50% from VRBO. (lake house). I’m also on Tripadvisor but have yet to get a booking from them.

I’m 100% booked with Air BNB. I looked at VRBO but didn’t want to handle the money…

No I sometimes do take bookings for other sources, but find it easy to manage - just need to integrate your calendars.

I actually block time off as I don’t want to have guests all the time. I find I get all the bookings I need. Really depends on your location, quality of your listing, competition etc

If you only have one place it’s easy to do yourself.

Of course those promoting their own products will try and persuade you otherwise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vrbo Charges much higher fee’s for you, closer to 10% compared to 3% on Airbnb. Only nice thing is your get a real security deposit. You can withhold for damages immediately.

1 Like

This is something we should be able to do with AirBNB, Is this something that could be added in the future here?

You could always ask Airbnb (this forum is not connected to Airbnb in any way) but I suspect they will never do it. It is not a guest-friendly move and that’s all Air cares about. They would prefer to tout their Air Host Guarantee, which you will find if you search the forum, most hosts here have no faith in.

That’s terrible for us the one’s that give ABB the power to be what it is today, we are the product. That really sucks. How about requesting a cash deposit upon arrival? bad idea?

Hi @mikelowrey

Bad idea.

Have you had a look at Airbnb Help Centre yet?

If not do wander over and get an understanding of how Airbnb works,

You can’t ask guests for cash deposits or cash anything (except local tourist fees). It would be grounds for them cancelling your profile/listing.

1 Like

You have been a tremendous help. I really dont know how to thank you :slight_smile:. I haven’t gotten there yet, and I know I should, I just happened to have that question and typed it before I forgot about it.

I will be checking the Help Centre. Thanks

Asking for tax in cash is allowed.

I have our place on Airbnb,booking.com, expedia, homeaway,our own website.

I am using a channel manager to synch the price as I am using dynamic pricing,it’s also important for me to block my calendar in every place when I got a booking as I don’t want to have a double booking

Not working at all if you are using dynamic pricing plus no markup with channels. They don’t offer expedia

1 Like

I have my own website. I created the design with wordpress (easy) and I am using a booking widget from my channel manager so guests can book and pay with credit card.
It’s very cheap this way as I am paying around 1-2 dollars to have the website hosting per month

1 Like

Airbnb says you can collect it in person.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/654/what-is-occupancy-tax--do-i-need-to-collect-or-pay-it

I had to engage a channel manager this week. Twice I had people turn up unexpected, I have a large attic room with twin beds ready so they can go there, sometimes we got bookings on the same day from different platforms. In booking.com I had rooms open themselves when closed off, had Airbnb do the same. I went with hostaway, so will see how it goes

When my guest was checking out today, he showed me the receipt showing the guest paid in full including taxes and fees!!

I mean, it’s just boilerplate but it made me look bad. He said he was calling them about it.