For laughs, funny note

We have a feral cat that set up shop in a old horse saddlery shack, that is older than we are but there’s no one that has volunteered to fix up in quite a number of years next door to us. Its closeby so the cat, we call him WiFi, since everyone is looking for him, they can take him with them was the hope LOL. We are on a state borderline that runs through our yard, and he patrols the area, like a true border guard, and promptly walks up to each vehicle, inspects it for large insects or birds, and then christens it with his champagne de oduer. Its our opportunity to mention he’s available for adoption. But I wouldn’t want to be the one to squeeze him into a car, as he looks like a body builder and has been through a few battles in his day.

As for wild boars, you would think they would go all out Game of Thrones and make a holiday of it.

Europe: Wild Boars are attacking in the streets.
AirBnB: Showcases it as an experience.
Guests: Dress up like its the Renaissance Fair and ask for where the restrooms are.

5 Likes

Deer in Northern CA can be dangerous. Just ask one of my cattle dogs when we lived on the golf course there. Then there is the occasional mountain lion that loves snacking on a deer every few months on an empty lot two doors up from the rental home there on the course. I only tell them about the deer and the mtn lion if they are bringing a dog.

The biggest threat in our semi-rural New England town is ticks (Lyme and related diseases) and mosquitoes (West Nile virus, etc). I suppose that no one with these serious illnesses could show that they contracted them from a specific bug in my yard. That said, we have an occasional bear, deer, bobcat, fox, etc. wander through the neighborhood. Guess I better check my listing.

Oh! Yeah there was a bobcat here recently, sitting on the chaise one early night. And there is a Momma cougar with 2 older cubs 2 canyons over, within 4 miles away:) I’m glad there are no mozzies, ticks or fleas<><>

But you have wild boars, possums :blush:, and the lovely Kea that is addicted to tearing up windshield wipers and randomly attacks park visitors. :wink: #DontAskMeHowIKnowThis :wink:

I adore New Zealand! Seriously my favorite place ever.

1 Like

My new fav guest piccie, just to show off! This young dude should be a pro:)

4 Likes

That’s a great shot!

1 Like

I’d ask if he’d consider allowing it in your profile listing.

1 Like

Of course I did and he said yes!

1 Like

Ellen DeGeneres on the same topic; skip to 3:15 if you don’t want to watch the whole thing

Just when I thought ABB couldn’t be more wishy-washy and vague. Without my coffee, I even qualify under this definition!!! Sometimes after coffee too …

1 Like

The human is definitely the most dangerous animal on earth.

2 Likes

YES. My FIRST day on the job in an office not far from Dimond Center Mall, a moose ambled down the road. The first of many many many MANY sightings, most to be fair on my bike commute on the Campbell Creek Trail.