Florida AirBNB State and Local Requirements

I recently inquired with the state and my locality (Fort Lauderdale) about putting my house on AirBNB. There are documents they say they need for the “Lauderbuild” site before I can list the house. Is anyone here familiar with the unique needs of this city in Florida and how best to navigate this? Of course AirBNB reps in India are friendly but useless to this task.

See here.

See Broward County FL Facebook group.

See also here for the FL government site.

1 Like

I’m in Hillsborough County and the Tampa area does not require much from home share hosts except paying the 10% hotel tax, which I have ABB deduct automatically. I would suggest a business license, LLC, and proper insurance.

Full home vacation rentals require a business license, STR insurance on top of Homeowners and Flood (if applicable), and any permits. Hillsborough just wants you to fill out paperwork and you’re good to go. Then again, we’re the wild west out here.

As far as I know, the Lauderbuild site is just a portal where you can register your business and apply for permits, licenses and so on.

I’ve never used it though so it isn’t something that’s essential - unless I’m grandfathered in.

1 Like