Floor mattress now not counted in bed number

I’ve been on Airbnb for 18 months and advertise as 5 beds. The fifth bed is a fold out metal frame with a bunk sized futon on it. There’s no category for futon so I ticked ‘floor mattress ‘. This was counted as a bed until just recently. I happened to search my listing yesterday and found it said I had only 4 beds. I’ve recategorised the fold out futon as a single bed (perhaps I should say sofa bed but that implies a double, doesn’t it?).
Anyway, I’m back to listing as 5 beds but this is for info to you all as no one told me about the change (or at least I didn’t pick it up if they did).

3 Likes

… until hopefully your guests complain about this and put a stop to it. As a guest looking for 5 beds I would not be happy with sleeping on the floor …
But in the end, it all depends on where you are and what type of listing you offer. There is no one size fits all in Airbnb’s.

1 Like

My point is that it’s NOT on the floor. It’s on a metal fold-out frame. And no one’s mentioned it in my 92 reviews.

AlexSJ

August 10

Caroline_Bradbeer:
Anyway, I’m back to listing as 5 beds

… until hopefully your guests complain about this and put a stop to it. As a guest looking for 5 beds I would not be happy with sleeping on the floor …
But in the end, it all depends on where you are and what type of listing you offer. There is no one size fits all in Airbnb’s.

Sounds like a Z bed which I would also class as a single bed, great for kids.

Thank you all. I’ve Googled it. It’s a

Single Futon Metal Sofa Bed with Mattress, available at Argos (in the UK) for £129.99. So I’ve left it as a single bed in the tick box section and added this mouthful to the description.

HumptyDumpty

August 10

Caroline_Bradbeer:
The fifth bed is a fold out metal frame with a bunk sized futon on it.

Sounds like a Z bed which I would also class as a single bed, great for kids.

1 Like

I stayed at an airbnb who had a fold out, metal frame with a queen size air mattress and I hated it. Felt duped because I was expecting a regular bed, especially when it was in a bedroom.

I explain it all in the blurb and then ask guests to tell me before they book if they want a futon chair. If they don’t answer that question I ask again. So no surprises