First Mediocre Review -- Just venting

Just a little reminder here that most people do read the listings. If a stay goes smoothly and the parties exchange positive reviews then there is nothing to post on a forum about. As you and others said, 95% of first timers do fine. I have a 99% 5 star rating. Between 1-5% of the time people don’t read or understand the listing. Based on the posts here one would think it was vice versa.

2 Likes

Love this. Liz’s response was already good but this is up a notch as it feels really friendly and gentle yet still puts the point across.

Unfortunately it’s a common problem - some people treat the Airbnb review system as if it’s a hotel star system. They should be rating whether the property lived up to its expectations, not whether it has luxury hotel services! We wrote an article about this recently and now I’m thinking it could be updated to mention this kind of response template that directly addresses the issue. It might save a few people some heartaches. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

Excellent! Well said. I love this! It so nicely puts it back on the guest for not reading, and warns others of your shared situation.

BTW, a lot of B&B’s often have shared bathrooms.

1 Like