Finish time for breakfast

:slight_smile:
Even in those far off days I’d had plenty of practice. I could almost do it in my sleep. Well. often, I more or less did! I recall having three squaddies staying once and they had to be on their way to whatever they were doing by 6.30 am every morning for two weeks so yes, I’m pretty sure I was doing their fry-ups in my sleep!

2 Likes

I stayed in a five star B&B place here in Kona for a magazine article I was writing and breakfast was cooked at served at 7:30 SHARP. You didn’t wanna miss it!!! The other guests and I came running down to breakfast in jams, just because there was no time to change before breakfast hour.

1 Like

In the olden days (the 1980s!) guests in B & Bs knew that the premises were off limits between about 10 am and 5 pm. This was in the UK. I am the epitome of a typical old-fashioned English seaside landlady!

4 Likes

OMG I remember that from my seaside holidays as a child! Sitting in a shelter on the prom in the pouring rain wearing my see-through Pac-a-Mac and clutching my packet of soggy fish paste sandwiches, praying for the rain to stop or for 5 o’clock to come so that we could go back to the B&B!

1 Like

Exactly! My old mum saying ‘come on kids, breathe in all that lovely sea air’.

At Cannes I would have agreed but at Blackpool? :slight_smile: