Finding an airbnb cleaner

That’s true! What are examples of incentives aside from bonuses? Ie. Gift cards?.

This has been an ongoing source of stress for me. My husband and I typically clean the place ourselves, but I would still like to have someone lined up in case of an emergency or if we have to go out of town unexpectedly.

After googling I found a site called “TurnoverBnb” that seems like an on-demand service for cleaners, specifically those trained to clean Airbnb’s. Looks like they are in a handful of cities worldwide. Has anyone used this before?

As an aside, our space usually goes for about $70 total/night and our average guest stays 2-3 nights. Getting a space of our size cleaned is on average $150 in our area (without laundry). So it’s not cost effective for us to have a regular cleaning service.

Hey Lauren. I just started on airbnb for 2 weeks so I’m a newbie as far as a host. I used turnoverbnb and it worked for me, so far. I only used it once (a dry run to clean up my family’s mess at the rental) but will use it again for the next “official” rental. It will find cleaners close to your area. Mine ranged from few miles to 30 miles! I interviewed 2 before I picked one. You can leave a rating for the cleaner as well. I’m still waiting for my first booking :frowning:

That’s good to know! I would love to hear about your experience more, especially once you’ve received bookings.

Welcome to the world of Airbnb hosting! I am new myself and only started a few months ago. Good luck with your first guests!

I’ve heard mixed reviews of them on other forums and the quality of some of the staff @lauren_g

Oh, good to know! I may be meeting with one of the cleaners from the site on Friday. If we move forward and do end up using them I will be sure to share my experience.

The “staff” are independent contractors who set their own pricing. You’re able to see who is in your area, how many cleanings they have done through TurnoverBnB, and you can read reviews. Still unsure of the vetting process for the cleaners they have on there though. We shall see how it goes!

To be honest I have found all mine on local area fB groups.

Don’t forget to take up a couple of references…and have a contract in place

I thought about that. However where I live, Airbnbs have such a bad rap. We are 100% operating legally however I choose not to draw attention to the fact that we have an Airbnb. I actually did call a couple of cleaners that were recommended to me and both said they will not clean Airbnbs (not sure of the reason, I didn’t ask because both had very broken English).

I definitely need cleaners to know they are turning an Airbnb and to be familiar with that process as we will only use cleaners if we are out of town.

Do you have a contract in place? Could you possibly explain that more? I don’t want to use someone that isn’t licensed and insured but I don’t know much in the way of contracts.

I’m new to the whole house cleaning thing in general. I grew up in a family that wouldn’t even think to hire cleaners. Personally, I wish my husband would let me hire people to clean our whole house. Haha.

The cleaner should provide a draft contract. I also give mine a checklist on weekly tasks and some that they are doing monthly such as oven and window cleans…Ask for a copy of their liability insurance.

Now you have your own Airbnb business, you can pay for your house cleaner through that or say he can do it if he doesn’t want to pay :slight_smile:

2 Likes