Female hosts Accepting only female guests?

Harassers/abusers tend to be cowards and not behave badly in front of anyone other than the victim, especially if the witness can intervene in the bad behavior (in other words: beat the daylights out of an assailant)

Exactly.

The chap in question had 60 prior reviews! Over the last year, most were attractive single female hosts from smaller towns. Butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth. But the innuendos, ingraciating behavior, and “off” remarks started immediately, and it escalated. A female officer took the report and was extremely direct. One lesson was not to host when vulnerable (grieving; bronchitis).

1 Like

Thanks for the information Allison!

I’m leaning toward real, and creepy.

1 Like

I think so too. 20202020

Hi, I am not comfortable renting my home ( I don’t live there) to anyone younger than 21 yrs old. I have never heard of the “Mrs. Murphy” exemptions.

As I pointed out in the post you’re replying to Mrs. Murphy only applies to properties with 4 or fewer units where one is occupied by the owner. You aren’t sharing space or living on the property so clearly this doesn’t apply to you.

If you’re renting a whole house you’re expected to follow fair housing laws and Airbnb’s non-discrimination policy. Air’s only exceptions are if you live in a community with age regulations.

So, if you live a Senior community you can say “55+ only” but you can’t just say “30+ only because I don’t like avocado-toast-eating-millennials”. One is adhering to your community rules, the other is discriminatory and Air will remove your listing if you’re caught or someone complains.

2 Likes

:joy:

You could have a nice disclaimer though. “All guests will be issued a box of baking soda at the door. We recommend it for brushing your teeth, soaking dentures, removing stains from cardigans or removing the tiger balm smell from clothing.” That would probably scare away the millennials.

LOL. I like the way you think!

Or to be really evil…“For my amusement, Insta, Snap, Twits, and Bookface are blocked on this wifi.”

1 Like