Feeling cheap: anyone had stars/famous people stay?

Me too! I’m still counting heads in my sleep from that shaky video trying to determine how many guests were at the party…[cabinhost’s assignment to us].

4 Likes

Bahahahaha, we all remember each other’s traumas like they were our own! :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

If it was YoYo Ma I’d remind him of the rule about no loud cello playing after 11pm. I feel he might assume he was an exception otherwise as I imagine he’s a bit of a diva.

I would have just blathered on about how much I love her father’s music.

1 Like

You simply could not be farther from the truth. He is not a Diva, nor is his instrument.

3 Likes

Sorry I was trying to be funny. I can’t imagine anyone less diva-ish. :japanese_goblin:

I had the bassist from a new but successful Canadian band stay this February, here for the Auckland (NZ) Laneway festival. I heard my gate open and shut at 6am the morning after he checked in and thought “I bet he’s been partying hard and is just crawling in…”. Turned out he went for a jog with another bandmate after a sober and early night. One of the nicest guests I’ve hosted so far :star_struck:

4 Likes

Love to see you back, Suzy!!!

1 Like

thanks doll - aiming to spend more time here…!

1 Like

We miss you!!! :grinning::two_hearts:

1 Like

Yo Yo Ma’s violist! Cool! You must be very talented. Reminded me of this clip;

2 Likes

We have a few nice music venues here in Northampton, and a number of singers and musicians have stayed with us. However, I don’t remember their names/groups, so if they’ve gone on to be very famous I wouldn’t know. Lovely to hear music wafting from the guest room as they get ready to perform.

3 Likes

My friend just had Pussy Riot here in L.A.!

2 Likes

My son worked at the Hotel Northampton and they had many celebrities especially those from the Calvin Theater.

I had a young man from Los Angeles in March who is a somewhat known actor; Owen Drake. I am SO glad that I looked him up as he didn’t look anything like the profile photo he submitted. He was in the area to celebrate a friend’s birthday. I get a lot of people from Los Angeles who are in some way associated with the movie industry, i.e., Special Effects, etc.

Dirty Dancing was filmed in Lake Lure, NC but they tried to pretend it was the Catskills since we don’t have too many Jews down South (unlike the actual summer family camp the place was based on, which catered mainly to Jewish families). Such a gorgeous place! My family went to Lake Lure 2-3 years ago and had a wonderful time!

2 Likes

I had a former NFL star and his not wife stay at my place and steal my towels and laundry basket. How the mighty have fallen…

Oh, and once I had a contestant from Project Runway. Is that like a C list celeb?

1 Like

No famous people, yet, but I’m just sure that a certain 60+ year old bassist from Rush would be thrilled with my house. Oh, a girl can dream … :heart:

1 Like

Not very Rock’n’Roll. But Millennials hey!

1 Like

We have been surprised by the number of famous people and soon-to-be famous people we have had stay with us. Part of that is the booming film industry in our area. We’ve had film crews for TV, movies and even a couple of music videos filmed here! Never would have seen that coming!