Feedback please: Guests w. visitors

Right. I have that language in my rules almost exactly: - Additional unregistered guests are not allowed on the property. it’s really just to cover my ass. Because if I ever had a guest with annoying visitors, I can send a text (always put these kinds of conversations in writing where Air can see) to the effect of ‘I hope you’ve been having a great stay. Just a gentle reminder that for security reasons unregistered guests are not allowed on property’ and if – heaven forbid – the visitor caused any damage or anything, the registered guest would bear the liability for having violated the terms of the contract.

Yes. Remove that language for sure. The kinds of idiots who take everything literally will smack you In a review because your lemon zester wasn’t the right brand or you failed to have a ravioli crimper. You don’t want to invite that. In fact, I recently updated my listing to ask guests to help themselves to coffee/tea but please avoid cooking. Because, a) I’m territorial about my kitchen, and b) I don’t want to open myself up to expectations that I have industrial grade cookware, utensils, etc.

1 Like