Falling below 4.7 stars and deleted!?!

Paradox…yeah my guy was also supersweet.

2 Likes

Just adding a data point: Right this minute, in my small town (which search results encompass most of the county including all contiguous towns and more) I run “4+ guests, 2+ bedrooms” for next weekend. I come up with 51 available rentals and 18 of them are below 4.7.

Omg, Allison, you are so right! AirBnB wants us to be “all things to all people” and do it perfectly each and every time!

What’s dumb about this is I don’t really consider myself any of these. I can’t be work because of my strict cancellation policy. I’m not really family as our place holds 3 max. Never tried for or wanted to be Plus. I do get business travelers and do get folks with kids, but our bread and butter guest is a vacationing couple that wants to be in the city but have a quiet, safe place to retreat to after a day of exploring and a beautiful view to wake up to. We also get lots of couples into the MCM style. There is no “collection” that describes our guest.

This has been a refreshing discussion and a real eye opener. We found our niche early in the game, that being long term. I cannot compare with boutique locations downtown. My crew is industrial workers, MDs on rotation, postgrads, engineers, and disabled people. Is Air going to kick me? Hell no! :wink: