Falling below 4.7 stars and deleted!?!

Hi
Has anyone been delisted for falling below this ridiculous minimum? Or any information in this regard?

I was a superhost but a number of unreasonable reviews have left me at 4.6

Frustrated to say the least :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it. I have also 4.7* so not that far from you.

2 Likes

Yes the standards are ridiculous. I really look forward to reform of unfair outlier reviews as recently linked and discussed here. Plus getting rid of location!

3 Likes

I think it’s a very harsh system generally speaking. In my estimation accomodation with an average of 4.6 with a high number of reviews is still excellent. Unfortunately they feel they can be tough in markets with a high of listings. There are a couple of places here showing 4 stars overall that are still live but I suspect they get delisted if the competition increases (which it is).

2 Likes

I don’t think Airbnb explain it to guests. Most guests believe 4 stars is a very good rating but in Airbnb that is not acceptable. It’s doing my head in as I go above and beyond for guests to try and get 5 stars

2 Likes

Absolutely. People don’t know 5 stars means as described, no big problems.

1 Like

I am not sure why they even delete anyone. What’s it to them. The reviews are bad, host will suffer . Many people would stay in a dump for little money

7 Likes

But do they actually delist?
I’m yet to find someone who has been delisted. Despite working hard to raise mine I’ve been under the 4.7 for a couple of weeks and haven’t had any type of formal address from Bnb, just the bot “things to work on”

I never heard of it.

You have to drop somewhere below 4 …so something like 3.7.

That said, there was a thread in here about how many 5 Star reviews you need to make up for just 1 review of less stars and it was a lot.

1 Like

Have you tried talking your guest through the rating system to help them understand why a five star is important if they have had a great experience.

Someone here created an explanation which I thought was really good might be worth doing a search and adapting it for your listing.

1 Like

I did see something similar and I’m thinking of adding a house manual with something along them lines. It’s a good idea but it’s something Bnb should be trying to improve. We are getting the raw end of the stick

I’ve heard of people suspended for a period of time but not actually delisted permanently. We’ve had multiple people here post that they were suspended. However I take most of what they say with a grain of salt because I only have their version of story.

Unlike others here I don’t think it’s that hard to maintain 4.7 or higher. I’ve seen many listings that do and I’ve stayed in many listings that do. Personally I won’t stay in a place that not 5 star average but other people would rather save money as Yana says.

4 Likes

We have enough reviews to have hit a 5 star average until a recent guest gave us a 4 because of location!! I know I’m singing to the choir here but it never fails. The guest booked our place and most of her meetings were on the other side of town.

We’ve wondered about putting something in writing so guests are aware of our concern. The idea is an attempt to ‘educate’ them with respect to location.

For example, if a guest is wanting to spend lots of time in a downtown area and they book 15 minutes from the downtown nightlife, maybe they need to find a closer accommodation to downtown rather than skew a review based on our location (and their decision to stay here).

2 Likes

A 4 on location doesn’t affect your overall rating. If she gave you a 5 overall and a 4 on location, it’s just annoying, nothing more. If she gave you a 4 overall due to her choosing the wrong location for her stay, that sucks.

2 Likes

Do you not have a house manual/guest book at the moment?

If not there is another topic on guest books worth looking at.

We had about 30 4 and 5 star reviews (mainly 5) and then got a 3 star (5 stars in every category though) and a 2 star (long story but undeserved) in a short space of time and airbnb delisted us- we just had to tick a box that said we would try harder though/ lift our standards. So it sounded bad but actually didn’t have too much of an impact.

More recently, we’ve just added a new property to airbnb and have so far received 5 stars all round (for 15 reviews). We just got our first 4 star review (with mostly 5 stars in every category) and then you log in and see "recent bad ratings in… "

1 Like

I just had almost identical situation.
3 stars and 4 stars on location
My listing has in the title "near airport "
And in the listing "close proximity to the airport " and for this reason I’m close to 100 percent occupancy but both guests complained of airport noise.
One actually stated "nice clean and convenient but forgot about flight noise "
Ive messaged Bnb and the last message was basically them slamming the phone on me.
I truly believe Bnb don’t want listings of my type and are trying to re-brand and I will be a victim of this re-branding

1 Like

@jodes

I really hope that’s the case

Noooo…don’t think that. You are making them money. They are not trying to get rid of you, they want you to lift your standards. Which I personally think it’s good but not to delist listings.
One thing that might be is may be so called trouble listings brings them a lot of work with phonecalls and dealing with situations and lots customer service time .
But what you described definitely not falling under trouble listing category

1 Like