Fake Photos on Listing and Airbnb are aware

Great news. Do stick around and contribute to life on the forum.

Unfortunately we get too many hosts who we help as first time posters and then never see them again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Helsi… I have been doing Airbnb for 4 years now and things for us have run pretty smoothly… we are superhost and full 50 weeks of the year so must be doing something ok… will hang around for sure… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What @Helsi said! Yes, do stick around, @Villaairbnb! It has been lots of fun and I have met some super interesting people.

Not to mention free stuff! Some of us here have received awesome free stuff!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Damm where is mine :blush:

Gotta be in the States I reckon. Are there any mattress start ups in the UK? :grinning:

Unfortunately not that are doing giveaways :frowning:

1 Like

The ones here learned that the promos didn’t really pay off like they had hoped.
If another mattress startup is out there, reading this and wants to give away mattresses, do let a mod know! :rofl::rofl::star_struck:

1 Like

Not surprised - didn’t make sense to me in terms of a marketing approach when they rolled this out.

They would have been much better giving them away to prominent Airbnb hosts who blog and use social media and a high number of engaged followers.

2 Likes

True! Rather than us small timers! :rofl::rofl:
It was not only one mattress company but two! The second one was awesome… Totally upgraded my place instantly

Sunsets and super duper mattress - damm so jealous

1 Like

I’m glad Airbnb listened to you. I’m glad you cared enough to bring it to their attention. The scammers get the press and make us all look bad. There are plenty of Airbhb “Horror stories” out there already.

Actually, I’m jealous they listened to you. I’ve contacted Airbnb 2X about a questionable listing & no action was taken. During the 2nd report, the CS noted I previously reported this listing and it was not a problem.

This listing is in the same geographic area as mine. Several of the pics violate the TOS plus he advertises a ridiculous rate of $45/night. Although he has a few reviews on Airbnb, I’m just waiting for his unit to be an Airbnb horror story.

Big difference between the two situations is that one was using fake pictures and reviews. This condo is apparently real. The price is low but there is a cleaning fee and a 3 night minimum. But Air loves low prices and they don’t believe, as some here do, that low prices bring worse guests.

I’m defending Airbnb but I’ve seen listings much, much worse and they don’t remove them.

Me too. In fact this is the first time I’ve ever heard of that they removed a listing that was reported. We have reported many many crap listings in the past. Nothing ever happened. So if they did remove it that is a plus.

Don’t be surprised if it comes back though.

They removed the listing I reported, too. Plus, didn’t they remove the listing we once discussed that said, essentially, “no fatties.” Or did they just make him edit it? You know the one …

He is still hosting guests but took out that rule.