Face masks are compulsory

Very well said. I am rural as well and new to this. I do not have to interact with guests however I had to say something to our first guest. I was in a mask and distancing and they couldn’t understand what I was asking.

2 Likes

We hear about the right to self expression constantly up here. Health is not self expression.

5 Likes

You’re saying that the guest claimed they couldn’t hear you just because you were standing 6 feet away and wearing a mask? That sounds rather odd.

VISUALISATION - now standing 6 feet (2m) away from guests in full PPE using Siri to communicate with them as they can’t hear me, cant lip read and bloody gloves wont work on the phone screen!

2 Likes

These are great. Cheap, easy, makes it easier to breathe, easier for voice to project.
A 12hour shift mask wearing RN recommended them to me.

https://www.amazon.com/WISHDIAM-Breathing-Smoothly-Lipstick-Accessorie/dp/B08HV9LXCD

1 Like

It WON’T be a “blip”. Air WILL suspend you at the very least. If you present your “freedom” pseudo-argument, they will probably cancel all bookings and delist you.

3 Likes

That’s because most of the folks in THIS forum are logical thinkers who believe in science, the advice of public health officials, and obeying the law. We don’t want to infect our guests, or our guests to infect us. In fact some of us, myself included, are not currently operating because we don’t feel that it’s safe for us to do so.

4 Likes

Absolutely! :clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Please read my last post😊

1 Like

Let me tweak this statement.

I suspect everyone saw the news yesterday but Pfizer announced good results with their vaccine trials. Others will be coming along with their news. However, even if an effective vaccine is approved this year, billions of doses have to be manufactured, transported and administered before we get to some degree of normalcy. Masks and all the other interventions will have to be followed for months. I suspect the stubborn intransigence on this isn’t going to get better. A vaccine may even make it worse as people will think everything is fixed. I plan on doing a lot more mask wearing for the rest of my life and the first ahole who gets in my face and mocks me is likely to get pepper sprayed. So, that’s the kind of animus we have now. Thanks, Trump.

8 Likes

Amen lol. Seconded.

The considerate act of preventing colds and flu by my wearing a mask is incontrovertible. Let’s hope that now with an adult in the presidency we will respect each other enough to care for others rather than fight…

7 Likes

There are a number of benefits of mask wearing:

My resting bitch face is less obvious.
The spinach stuck in my teeth isn’t visible.
My lips don’t get as dry.
Those blackheads on my nose aren’t so unsightly.
More folks are spared getting a whiff of my bad breath.
No one can see me mouthing insults at them.
In the winter my face is warmer.
It keeps me from picking my nose in public.
Drooling in public is no longer a problem.
And I’m less likely to get sick.

The fact is that anti maskers are much more likely to suffer some negative consequence of their position. These things have a way of working out over time.

8 Likes

Thank you for all that you have said! As a Super Host, I am hesitant to lose what I have worked so hard for because of these broadbrushed rules that will have a direct effect on my business.

I am hoping to have direct contact with corporate to see if there is any wiggle room in their policy.

Thanks for speaking what many of us are thinking!

Trump, is the answer. Sadly.

Sorry but I don’t understand that response in the context of my post to which you replied.

Trump is the REASON , was my point. It’s Trump’s fault, in my opinion. By refusing to wear a mask himself - look at his many rallies, some only last week!!! - he has encouraged the NON-usage of masks.

1 Like

No he isn’t. Even when he no longer occupies the White House, his followers will be congregating, maskless, ripping masks off the faces of those who are wearing them, screaming about their rights.

1 Like

I don’t agree. He made it much worse, true. But if he had simply followed science and good sense he is the one person in the US who could have gotten the freedumb coalition to go along with mask mandates. But he didn’t try. I hate to say it but he was on his way to winning re-election and his mis-management of the pandemic, ironically, put the election out of reach.

3 Likes

I read a study: in all locations, One month after a Trump rally occurred, there was (or is predicted to be) a spike in that area’s Covid19 cases. They couldn’t prove cause & effect because those diagnosed frequently refused to participate in answering the tracking questions.

The sudden increase is a correlation but IT OCCURS AFTER EVERY RALLY.

Trump & family were frequently in and at multiple locations my state starting in Early September. Our positive daily diagnoses numbers are the highest ever.

I had tickets to attend a rally in my city (I’ve never seen a sitting president in person). I chickened out and didn’t go: extremely hot day, & concern about lack of masks & no social distancing . Trump ridiculed the mask wearers in the audience…glad I didn’t go.

3 Likes

You are correct. But Airbnb can determine hosts & listings they will continue to allow on their platform.

Over the past 6 years, I’ve done well listing on Airbnb. I’m not going to put it at risk.

1 Like