Face/makeup mirror in the bathroom or guest room

I use one when provided - and I’m a man. For shaving.
It’s one of those little touches that are thoughtful and make for a nice stay. Not really a big deal if it’s missing (unless you always use one at home).
But IMHO if you have ten of these little amenities (converter plug, detergent, spare toothbrushes, shoehorn… ) it starts to make a positive impact in the rating because the guests know you really care about their comfort.

2 Likes

Oh, goodness @Faheem! I hope you can find something cheaper! You shouldn’t have to pay that much. Do they have dept. stores in Bombay?

The link was just an example of what mine basically looks like. Mine doesn’t light up. Well, my personal one does, but the one in the guest room doesn’t.

I think I could buy one here at TJ Maxx and ship it to you and still save you a pant load of money! LOL!

2 Likes

I have one in my rental’s MB walk in closet. It has a 5x magnifying side and lights up.

Hi @Chloe,

Certainly, but not many, and they aren’t gigantic like the US ones. Mostly I tend to shop on Amazon, or occasionally one of the online stores. Experiences are mixed, but at least with Amazon it’s possible to return stuff you don’t like, or if there are problems with it - DOA and so on.

It’s more common to have little corner shops here. Even in Bombay. They do have big American style malls out in the suburbs, but I don’t think they’re good places to shop at.

I’ve also tried posting on Indiamart. That’s a site with registered businesses, and you advertise your requirements.

This looks perfect. http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01GZRQG8Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470820533&sr=8-4-spell&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_QL70&keywords=maginifing+mirror

We have one in our unit, attached to the wall that probably gets used everyday! Everytime I clean it’s always moved like it’s being used.

1 Like

Hi @David_Smith,

Most of the ones available on Amazon India (for example) are designed to be attached to the wall. I don’t get why this is such a popular design. It hardly seems flexible.

This is the one I want. I think.

If I remember rightly, those are only 9.99 at Ikea :slight_smile:

I’ll check IKEA website. There isn’t one around here for about 350 miles!

edited to add: $10 shipping. Free shipping with amazon prime

1 Like

I love the ones with the lights! Makes me feel like a movie star in a dressing room!

One thing I sometimes notice lacking when I travel internationally is a mirror so I can dry my hair. In many places abroad, there are no outlets in the bathroom. That would be better for me than a make up mirror.

1 Like

@konacoconutz Come to my house, my husband jokingly refers to it as the house of mirrors. There’s 2 in every bathroom and a full length in every bedroom.

2 Likes

I hate how some mirrors make me look old and show my flaws. I boycott them and look only in good mirrors.

Speaking of mirrors, does anyone else hate their mirror at the hairdresser? You have to sit there and stare at your face for an hour while they cut and style your hair. The lights are never good and you can’t help but notice all your beauty flaws. I hate it that I see evidence of a turkey neck forming. :smile:

When I saw how badly I looked in the hairdresser’s mirror, my jowls nearly dropped to the floor. :smile:

3 Likes

Hi @konacoconutz,

A mirror where? In the bathroom, or the guest bedroom, or both? And a fixed large mirror, or a small movable mirror?

Large mirror near an outlet.

Ah, ok. Like in a bathroom. I have a large mirror above the bathroom sink, with an outlet on the side, so I think I’m covered.

I guess I’ll be getting the lighted makeup mirror waiting for the garage sale out and putting it in the guest room.

1 Like

Hey, Faheem. Did you see the Amazon link I posted?

But in some bathrooms, such as those in England, outlets are not allowed due to the high voltage. So if you want to style your hair in the room and there is not a mirror, the result could be scary. :smile:

Hi @Geddy3,

Yes I did. I was a bit puzzled by the link you posted. Here’s what the link I see looks like:

http://www.amazon.in/Beauty-Cosmetic-Makeup-Double-Side-Magnifying/dp/B01GZRQG8Q

and this is the link you posted

but they look different. The version I see has all the shiny. Where did you get your version from?

Anyway, the mirror looks good, but it’s a bit small, don’t you think? The mirror diameter is listed as 6 cm. That’s 2.4 inches. That’s tiny! I think when it comes to makeup mirrors, bigger is better, within reason. Earlier in the thread, @Chloe mentioned an 8 inch mirror. I think that’s a good size. You could still put it in a drawer, I think.

I found

which at 6 inches is a little small, but might be ok. What do you guys think? And what size do people have?