Extremely critical guests

Finally got it to work on Chrome for Mac! Restart, log in, log out, quit browser multiple times. You get the idea. I can now see what guests have written about their hosts…was hoping there was something showing what star ratings the guests gave hosts as well. I will have to go back to that thread later, I think I’m wrong about this. Anyway, yay, finally working @GutHend!

So true! The guests that just left, I swear only rinsed their dishes! I always check the pots and pans now too. One guest cooked and burned something in two pans. Rinsed and left the burned glop in the pan and put it away in the cupboard. jeesh!

Would much rather they just left the washing up. So over ratting everything to check what they used, didn’t use, or just shoved on the shelf filthy!

Totally agree. I had someone fold up there dirty toothpaste hand towel the other day. Made it look the same as I had folded it. Not sure why they would go out of there way. So weird.

1 Like

I’ve had stuff like that before. It’s so stupid. As if I wouldn’t notice your suppurating ear sore had leaked everywhere because you took off the pillow case and rumpled it up with the towels?

I recently had a pair of guests that made the bed perfectly, with each pillow case inside out, and the bed layered with the quilt on the bottom, the blanket in the middle (incidentally, where is was when they started) and the sheet on top. Maybe they thought I’d get a kick out of it, I just can’t tell. They also left a 5 star all around review.

When I had a guest who had been mugged in LA she had large patches of oozing skin, like road rash. I’m guessing she was dragged on the pavement. She carefully laid a towel on top of the sheet and none of the ooze got on the sheet. She told me about it and apologized for it. Guests can be considerate even if they leak. That’s why people who have issues but hide it are worthy of either a poor review or feedback explaining what they should have done differently. They shouldn’t get a free pass.

Yes, I remember your story of that guest - poor girl. You took care of her so well. You’re right that guests who tell you about any mishaps deserve a lot of credit. I’ve also had guests immediately come tell me when that’s happened, or they’ve left an apology and some cash to cover costs. Tbh, that’s increasingly rare these days, though, sad to say.