Exterior Airbnb Signage

There are a couple of Airbnb listings in my town. We occasionally mention our availability on public FB forums or give our cards. Recently a new hosts began in a multi use property that also has yoga, reiki, etc. The have a large new sign with one horizontal panel for each activity and one says AIRBNB. I’ve been an AIrbnb host and guest for over ten years and I’ve never seen this before. Occasionally there will be a BNB sign if the place rents both directly and through booking platforms, but never one like this. Do any of you use this type of signage?

I have a small sign on the Airbnb door. It’s magnetic and the door is metal so I remove the sign when I’m not renting the room.

Screenshot_20220930-200612_Airbnb

4 Likes

Not allowed signage under the terms of my local STR permit. Wish I could have some discreet signs – I’ve found one guest wandering in the neighbor’s driveway and another who mistook my standalone garage for the suite and was vainly punching the STR code into the garage door keypad.

1 Like

We’ve talked about a sign with the house name on it. The house name doesn’t include “Airbnb.” We haven’t done that yet. It would be allowed in our township.

But what we really want is an illuminated address number. Our front porch has a front peak. If the numbers were in that peak, with a spotlight up to them, that would be good. Helpful for guests who arrive in the dark.

1 Like

My little boy. Went over the rainbow bridge last week.

8 Likes

Sorry for your loss!

Deb, I’m so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful little boy. Sending you virtual hugs.

While I don’t have a sign on my airbnb, I do have a sign in my driveway for where people should park that says Airbnb parking.

2 Likes

What a sweet boy. I’m sorry for your loss.

I’ve fostered dogs in the past and know that there is going to be a great need after Hurricane Ian.

When my dog cross the rainbow bridge, I didn’t think I would be ready for a while (I rescued him from the New Orleans after the hurricane) but then about 6 weeks after he passed, I rescued another dog from the massive flooding in Houston a few years ago.

3 Likes

Here’s our signage. We added it to give people some peace of mind that they were at the right place.

1 Like

A few years ago I got a custom made sign that used the tiny LED lights to form the numbers. The fellow who made it had a day job as a UPS driver who was frustrated by invisible house numbers. It is big and actually so bright that I used theater gel and a piece of plexiglass to cover the numbers and tone it down. It has to be plugged in and comes on after dark. Now I can’t find anything similar, everything is backlit. Maybe by the time it quits working I’ll be out of the Airbnb business but if not, I’d love to have another one.

2 Likes

I’d never have a sign saying anything about Airbnb because that would go against our branding. We hosts at this forum are using Airbnb at the moment but who knows about the future?

For that reason, I think it’s important for hosts to have their own strong branding which remains regardless of the advertising source used.

We have a sign but that’s the name of the building which is the name we use for our brand. It’s a regular sign rather than a commercial one - we probably wouldn’t get a permit for a commercial sign, although I’ve never tried. But the (small) complex is a mix of residential and STR/LTR so we’d probably need to be zoned differently.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. He looks like he was the best boy.

yes, I had some corflute signs made for our top farm gates with our farm logo, and another one that we attach near one of the car parks, pointing the direction. We still have some guests who fail to follow the check-in instructions on the phone app (despite me telling them two times to make sure they have the app installed on their phone), but since installing the signs we’ve halved the number of people who can’t find us.

2 Likes

Never heard the word “corflute” before, had to look it up. We call it Choroplast or corrugated plastic.

1 Like

yes, that sums it up nicely. they are pretty cheap to have made and hopefully will last a long time… we’ll see how they survive their first south australian summer.

I had a greenhouse made of that stuff. It lasted for many years before it started to crack and fall apart.

1 Like

So sorry for this devastating loss. Ihope you are reliving many happy memories.