Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Extenuating circumstances "serious illness"

So extenuating circumstances states “serious illness”. I’m guessing a hangover and a doctors certificate and Airbnb will happily refund your payment to a guest correct?
Anybody had guests use this?

It probably depends how far out the booking is. I just had someone tell me their husband couldn’t make the date they had booked 2,5 months out. I have Strict so could have done them but suggested they cancel and I would refund or rebook. They rebooked and saved $30. A lot of advice is about how you feel personally.

Cancelled for tomorrow now. I’m reasonable as well but I’m not going to take " I’m sick "
In a message and just take their word for it. I’m just wondering what constitutes a serious illness

I believe they have to have a doctor’s note saying that they are unfit to travel. I’m sure some doctors would in fact write this letter however because they’re signing their name to it I don’t see that many would be open to effectively lying if it was just a hangover

“Dear Airbnb Host; please excuse Billy Guest from his booking. He had ten too many last night and can’t find his backside with both hands.” --Billy’s Mum.

You obviously dont know the Australian general practitioner system well.

Well… that’s probably because I am not in Australia…

@KenH - yep, my new favorite post. Hahaha!!! :joy::rofl:

“Dear Guest I have just received an unexpected bill so is it alright if I put your price up for your trip starting tomorrow?” To me wanting a refund with no chance of a replacement booking so they are not out of pocket is the same as them asking me for money for an unexpected life event. Sometimes I cave but I want more than “I’m sick”.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!