Extending an existing Guests reservation?

Extending an existing Guests reservation?

Anyone know what I need to do?

I have a guest who doesn’t speak English, doesn’t have a laptop and wants my help extending his reservation. I have followed online instruction, but it’s not working. I’m clicking on Reservations, Change Reservation, Dates and then Calendar. I’m just trying to click the new departure date, but then it changes the res to start/end date to the end date. When I change it to the current depart date, it says I cannot change the existing start date. I have called Airbnb and they will “get back to me”. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Annoying. Just make a new reservation if you are willing to let him use your computer or phone. Or if you trust him and he can get cash let him pay directly. But no, you can’t change an existing reservation.

1 Like

I take it by this you mean “an existing reservation” where the guest has arrived rather than altering a future booking?

First click the original arrival date and then the new departure date. Should be easy as peasy, I’ve done it already loads of times. The only thing, after you send the change of reservation, the guest has to accept the change before the original reservation finishes.

1 Like

The guest will be double-charged on cleaning fees if a new reservation is made, assuming there is a cleaning fee. One advantage of following the above advice is that the guest won’t be charged that cleaning fee twice.