Exhausting checkin

The math can be done if you know the rating before and after. I can give you a mathematical proof and theorem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The numbers given by this host are not accurate.

That’s sort of what I was assuming (here we go again) too. If someone has actually been hosting since 2011 and have multiple listings, they must have far more than 600 reviews. Maybe it’s merely cherry picking rather than prevaricating. I don’t have enough information and I can’t math but I know what the two statements look like. It looks like this:

1 Like

No, it is not sarcasm, considering your further comments here like “hosts should get in the habit of dropping everything to attend to their guest’s every need, do you? Yes. That is what we do for our airbnb.”
or it was sarcasm too?

Rolf are you troll? or just naive or new or I have no idea what else

1 Like

Goingmad, you are totally right, do not doubt. I am not available from midnight to 8 a.m. and I put this in my checkin instructions. Because usually guests want to know during nights where they can buy souvenirs next day, find a sauna in 2 days, or something like that. People just are stupid, f&ck it.

Rolf is a long-time host and member of this forum. All you have to do is click on any poster’s profile photo here to see how long they have been a member here. In Rolf’s case, since 2015.

Just because you don’t agree with someone’s opinion or stated hosting style doesn’t make them a troll or a newbie.

3 Likes

Goingmad Rolf and muddy full of integrity, purity and honesty, they are not like us, selfish greedy hosts :rofl:

this part is not sarcastic.

Personal attacks are rude, trolling behavior. Perhaps you’d like to add the other posters who agreed with Rolf and I that having someone available to assist guests in person if needed is important, to your personal attack?

4 Likes

OMG…so many issues with this!!

First, ANYBODY WITH A CANCELLED RESERVATION SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO REVIEW. That is STUPID! Why Airbnb allows this nonsensical policy to ride is anyone’s guess. For the .00001% of guests who didn’t have an issue? Ridic! The same should go for any guest that paid for DAMAGE. The type of guests (i.e. bad actors) who willfully wreck hosts’ homes are exactly the type of entitled a******s who write retaliatory reviews. So if you damage somebody’s home, then you also get to damage their future business?? What clowns at Airbnb think that makes any sense??

THIS IS BS!!! Why in the heck are guest ratings held to a different standard?? An Inc.com article:
‘The Secret Ratio That Proves Why Customer Reviews Are So Important’ states

"How many 5 star reviews cancel a 1 star?

Here’s the ratio: It takes roughly 40 positive customer experiences to undo the damage of a single negative review."

Would wholeheartedly agree, possibly even more are needed with Airbnb reviews, since they are there forever and so easy to now scroll through reviews. Before you had to go to the next page and the next to read all a listings reviews, etc. Now you can scroll hundreds of reviews in seconds…and people do. Small businesses can be cancelled by a few retaliatory comments from unhinged imbeciles. Hosts work HARD for every five star review they earn, so Airbnb allowing bad actors to ruin listings is just criminal.

Bottom line is Airbnb’s Review System is TIRED and BROKEN and needs an OVERHAUL.<<<<

LONG OVERDUE!!

3 Likes