Excluding kids under 12

Last time I remember (at least I think I do!) was immediately subsequent to me having to clean toddler shit from the bathroom wall, June or thereabouts last year. If I check back our reservation list I could probably narrow it down further.

That was when I upped our minimum age to twelve years old.

JF

You’re right—the reasons don’t show in the rules. So I put them in the description text elsewhere and also said to scroll all the way down and read all the House Rules.

1 Like

There are guests who are looking for hosts like this…

RR

These designations were obviously created by childless millenials. No parent I know would ever refer to their 1-2 year old as an “infant” (unless they were trying not to be charged for them). Infants are babes in arms who aren’t yet mobile on their own. A 2 year old can wreak all kinds of mayhem if the parents are slackers or think everything their little darlings do is just fine.

3 Likes

I agree! Infant = a baby burrito that sleeps, eats and poops. Two year old = a tazmanian devil with smeary pbj hands and baby gates required. The diligence for parents and hosts is MUCH different and they should not be in the same category.

5 Likes

But the joke is on them: millenials are all “breeding age” now (age 26-40). Maybe the designations will get changed as they are surely learning more about them now :laughing:

Actually they seem to consider breeding age more like 40 and up these days. People in their mid-30s now act like teenagers. And I see lots of people who are in their 40s or even older with young children- I assume it’s their grandchild, but it turns out to be their own child. And I’ve seen a lot of classified ads from men in their 50s looking for “a woman 25-40 years old who wants to start a family”. It was hard enough chasing toddlers around when I was in my 20s and early 30s, I can’t imagine doing it at 50.
My youngest daughter had been wanting to have a baby for quite a few years, but when she even mentioned to a guy her age (30-35 age bracket), who she was going out with that she definitely wanted to have at least one child, they couldn’t get away fast enough. Luckily she met a really nice man a couple years ago who was 40 and also wanted to be a dad- they just had a baby in Oct, who I get to see for the first time next week!

2 Likes