Examples for anniversary "extra(s)?

We get a lot of older couples who come for their anniversary. I’ve been considering creating a “package” for the booker to buy as an extra. Does anyone have examples (photos) or products they’ve bought and would recommend? Pricing examples? Tried it and failed – if so why do you think?

We do get many "special occasion " guests. Usually they bring their own special stuff! If someone requested something such as flowers as a surprise I’d be happy to oblige, and unless it was over 20 bucks, it would be included as a nice gesture towards their good memories and experience here commemorating it.
I’d think it would be pretty difficult to pick high quality things that would be appealing to most guests, great for a package to resell, and you might not want it to be very bulky if they are traveling.

I like the flower idea. Different people can’t do alcohol or have dietary restrictions which makes a basket tough. Perhaps a gift certificate at a local business. It would make your guests happy but also help a local businessperson.

I have left couples celebrating an anniversary a bottle of champagne and a small box of chocolates as a gift. It’s just a small gesture that they really appreciate.

1 Like

I’m a certified Personal Chef. When I get anniversary couples, i offer to re-create the meal at their wedding reception. Has been fun for me and them…

6 Likes

It might depend on whether it was their 10th wedding anniversary or their 50th, as to whether they could remember what the meal was at their wedding :wink:

Seriously, though, that sounds like a really lovely thing to do for them.

1 Like

That’s not my talent, but taking pictures is. I have several ideas for this package and some would be our gift, while others I’d charge. And because they select in advance the alcohol/no alcohol wouldn’t be a problem. @Christine_Shirtcliff

For the photo I envision recreating this with our beautiful lake and mountain backdrop, for example. The parasol would do a great job of hiding unflattering spots, if needed.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea.

Can you do a pretzel bought on Chambers St outside of City Hall ? :wink:

8 Likes

Which Chambers Street? :smiley: I do several…

1 Like

50th anniversaries are easy! That’s the 1970s! Finger foods were King – hors d’oeuvre buffets were very popular. And French other “foreign” food was really “in” like Boeuf Bourguignon, Quiche Lorraine, Crepes Suzettes, Black Forest cake, Country Captain Curried Chicken…

Last one I did for the 70s anniverary was Shrimp Pasta Primevera, Ambrosia Salad, and Black Forest cake.

3 Likes

So if I got married in a civil ceremony with no wedding, and he turned out to be a jerk and we split up 6 years later, will you cook me whatever I want? :rofl:

2 Likes

I have a Happy Anniversary banner.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I’m surprised there aren’t more examples here. I see some good ones on Instagram accounts I follow.

I don’t do anything special unless the guests request it. But I supply flowers and wine to all guests anyway.

Occasionally I’ve had an anniversary guest request a specific wine or specific flowers.

Having seen in reviews that I provide wine, I’ve had a few request sparkling apple juice instead - the teetotaler’s’ champagne.

1 Like