Evicting a guest

Very good advice, you’re fortunate to have the police on standby. I’m not sure police would respond to an eviction request at all in Chicago. This is really scary stuff. I think the only thing that might hurt Airbnb is bad publicity. The kind of publicity that might cause host to leave the site completely.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience the moment I read it I knew you would be suspended… I live in Mexico which has open pharmacies to call for many tourests means tequila many combine that with open pharmacies opiates barbiturates muscle relaxers etc and hosting can be a real challenge… I’m on an island with no sofa bed Warehouse or bed bath & beyond everything is very difficult to get with 500% markup it’s taken a lifetime to fill a big beautiful home with beautiful things… No matter what they do to your home you’re not allowed in… In fact they can pack it with people and pay for one or two guests and you still are not allowed into your home during the time of a booking period… Even if your house rules state that they are not allowed to stay if they sneak in additional guests or damage and break things… The good news is Airbnb recently has been hiring a higher caliber representative … It’s possible in the past call centers were not in the US I’m used to very thick accents living in Mexico but they were completely unintelligible… Our only recourse is to charge enough to replace all the things that are broken or damaged and take the loss average it out over time… Too many stories of people’s homes completely destroyed battling for money on some mythical insurance policy through Airbnb which is completely ridiculous… We take the hit keep on booking keep on giving service opening your heart in your home isn’t easy … Is profitable only over time… Broken big screen smart TVs couches glass doors windows leather couches all very hard come by on a Mexican Island… Over time you can turn a profit… And there is no circumstance where police or anyone else can go into someone’s home but if you have any inkling as you check them in you can simply refuse their entry and give them their money back… I have done this when they arrive too drunk and high to speak from the cantina with a gaggle of local bar women not on the booking…when they refuse to say who their name is… Actually saying "I rented this house you are lucky you are not a man or I would f you up… " While shoving you and pushing the gate open…Your only recourse in avoiding belligerent drunken drugged out guests is before you check them in… Thinking they will answer your calls or messages or even those of Airbnb is a fantasy… Once they’re given occupancy they are in and you will just have to pay the price.

2 Likes

Cue complaints about the formatting of this post.

You are the only person to ever post this. LOL.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I am curious if the Airbnb rep you spoke to asked for or you anyway sent them camera evidence of guests clearly breaking your house rules, a violation of contract. And did they gave you a reason for why they suspended you?

That’s ridiculous and not true. I live in Mexico, too. The picture you paint is not the norm, as you make it sound. All I can say is that you don’t seem to be vetting the guests you accept in any way.

2 Likes

Instantbook there’s no vetting and you’re not allowed to cancel them.

1 Like

Do you have a source for this? Any host can cancel any guest, on airbnb. Did that change recently?

No you’re not allowed to cancel them once they check in that’s the point… Other comments are then you’re not doing a good job vetting but with instant book there is no vetting… We are in a touristic destination… many come to party that’s always okay unless it gets out of hand…tourism professionals 30 years doing vacation rentals… It is what it is…a numbers game… There are a lot of wonderful families too.

1 Like

I disagree. Can you link something from airbnb backing up your claim?

@JoHannan Jo, I’m sorry for the terrible experience you had. Not cool at all. When other hosts post that you should have gone there yourself and taken action, I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable and safe going to my home and confront a group of rowdy, drug using, alcohol-fueled crowd. After all, you didn’t book a group, you booked for a woman and her boyfriend. However, if your minimum booking was 4-plus days, it would certainly dissuade the partying folks from booking your place.

2 Likes

you are so funny you’re making me smile…They were consistently and repeatedly unintelligible before and now yes there are consistently good people on the other end of the phone that you can understand clearly that are articulate it’s such a huge change I’m still smiling at your comment… You never contact Airbnb with multiple properties even maybe twice a year but when you because there’s something you can no longer handle alone… Disheartening when not only the language but the ability to comprehend culturally what’s happening just wasn’t there before and now it is!

Umm, I’ve got to ask @pro, have you been hitting those farmacias, because to be frank you’re not making much sense.

JF

4 Likes