Everyone’s hosting is on hold until COVID-19 is gone

We now have eight more tested positive cases and 62 (!) suspected positive waiting for testing. There are only 99 confirmed positive in my entire state, so we have a disproportionate number here.

Any speculation as to why? I’m wondering if areas with resistance to “the media,” “the intellectual elites,” and generally red areas where people follow their false prophet Trump are going to get hit later but ultimately harder due to delays in following expert advice.

1 Like

I absolutely believe this is a big part of the reason.

3 Likes

At this point, anyone who believes that it’s a “liberal media hype” should be considered a danger to society and quarantined whether they have any symptoms or not. Otherwise they will be spreading it around wherever they go.

7 Likes

US: 25,000 tests
Korea: 248,000 tests

It’s impossible to stop the spread without identifying all carriers.

Bad news: super healthy people easily catch and spread the virus
Good news: Coronavirus hates heat and sun. Summer months will drastically slow the spread. Look at Mexico

Mexico had no reported cases a couple of weeks ago and now they are starting to show up and increase. Mexico is part of North America and it’s not particularly hot anywhere yet- it’s still early spring. Contrary to many people’s ideass, Mexico isn’t just hot all the time, in fact in some places it’s quite cold a lot of the year.

My understanding is the reason we are hoping coronavirus spread will slow in the summer is because people’s habits change at that time of year - they are outside more and spend less time indoors in close proximity to other people. This is why flu is more prevalent in winter. It doesn’t have anything to do with coronavirus (or influenza virus) “hating heat and sun”.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

And of course it is summer in parts of the world now.

4 Likes

@summerfun , gotta say you are one of the worst offenders at propagating misinformation about Covid-19 on this forum.

4 Likes

@RobbyG I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. If you have time to re-read my comments above you will find that the only that was inaccurate : it’s not 9/11 of western world healthcare crisis it’s 3rd world war right around the corner. It’s right under your nose. Check out your local firearms store, talk to people, and share with us your experience.
I’ve just talked to folks in my area…sales are through the roof now.

In case anyone is interested in an update, there were three deaths in my town over the weekend that are suspected to be COVID-19 deaths. Bodies have been sent for autopsy and testing. One in their 70s and two in their 40s.

The only confirmed COVID-19 death in the state so far tested positive here, then was sent to Atlanta where they died.

Over 177 suspected positive cases in town are awaiting test results.

All the deaths so far have been linked to a funeral home, and two churches that held funerals. Health officials called our cluster of cases “one of the most significant in the state.”

Schools are closed, but there is no curfew, no businesses closed. Many people here are making no effort to distance themselves physically from others. Misinformation is rampant.

1 Like

@Helsi I’ve just re-read all your 7 points. You are 100% wrong on all of them. It’s only 7 days passed and how everything changed. I truly wish I was wrong.

To all naysayers: have enough supplies and cash to get through this: 6 months is a bare minimum.

Of course, the gun industry are master manipulators. The Trump admin was looking like a total bust and then ha, along comes this. Let the conspiracy theorists think about that awhile.

@summerfun , "300% "?, "bear"minimum ?. Numeracy? Literacy?
Please refer to multiple previous posts you made on this thread and the responses from others. You will see the "inaccuracy "count is higher than you think.

2 Likes

@RobbyG I was going back to school tomorrow to work on my math and grammar. Unfortunately, they closed in my area.

1 Like

We all need to keep our sense of humor. (Or humour as applicable. )

2 Likes

Stupidity, ignorance and denial will lead to more deaths during this pandemic than a lack of hospital beds or test kits.

3 Likes

For anyone on the forum who still have doubts about how serious this is, needs to read this:

@summerfun,

Whilst I can’t give you responsibility for writing this article in the NZ Herald, I can hold you responsible for spreading such, for the content and language used is inflammatory, and totally out of kilter with what Imperial College reported in an evidenced based manner.

The report is not chilling; it is factual and based on new modelling of data for our Government to plan more effectively. The UK is not in total lock down, nor taking extreme measures to socially distance people, in the manner of some of our European neighbours.

As policy currently stands, over 70 year olds, and those with a relevant condition, are advised to self isolate. In general people are advised not to congregate in pubs, clubs or cinemas etc. As yet, no facilities have been closed by statute, although the ability to do so is going before Parliament this afternoon.

We do not have tanks out in the streets, people being arrested for being out on the streets, nor to we have troops on the streets, as @JohnF has graphically told us of this morning in Spain.

The UK policy is to currently isolate people who are vulnerable, whilst attempting to build some herd immunity.

All I can add is that you are not going to have much Fun this Summer if you carry on scaremongering like this. You are probably the one who is the most fearful by doing so.

4 Likes

In Mexico there has been limited testing for Covid19, therefore this statement is false.

4 Likes