Ever had guests who were no shows?

That could be, I worry about that. Say someone shows up with a peacock and I have to show them the door… I have pretty much decided I would have to handle it myself and send a message to Air. I tried to call but a 2 hour hold, I refused the guests entry because of___________________

It really sucks that there is no CS to speak of right now. Hopefully nobody shows up with a peacock.

RR

1 Like

Our bags are packed, we’re ready to go, peacock and me outside the door, I hate to break your house rules once again :musical_note:

What do mean no emotional support peacocks?

OK…

We’re leaving, in an uber, don’t know if we’ll come back again, thank feck for EeeeEe Ceeeee :musical_note:

JF

4 Likes

I did go back to Airbnb. Rather than argue with them, I suggested that if guests at “any time” and irrespective of cancellation policy of the host, that Airbnb should only refund 80% only and give the 20% to hosts. Only when they dont cancel till after checkin and thus dont free up the calendar. Otherwise every airbnb local competitor could be doing it to take your property off the available list. Haha, they wrote back and said you do not meet the criteria for super host refund. AND, may I add that is because a neighbour to my airbnb (with an airbnb) had his mother stay at my place and give me a 1* - (for no obvious reason) that took me out of the superhost category.

I feel about Airbnb exactly how they feel about me.

I’m not understanding why you offered him a 'massive discount"?

2 Likes

I had been paid (checked my bank account) and they didnt stay. So it was a generous offer to say discount next time. Trouble is, after I did that Airbnb retrospectively went back and refunded.

No it was not, they tied up your calendar. It does not matter if they did not stay, you could not rent it out or use it yourself because they had it tied up.

RR

4 Likes

I am sure texting has worked just fine with you, but I usually only text when I need a quick response or to ask them to go on Airbnb to read an email that I sent. I prefer to keep messages documented in case there’s a problem.

Lots of hosts feel that way, I’m just not worried about having problems I guess

RR

2 Likes