Events cancelled and guests cancelling

I’m going to refund him. His family is around the corner. He’s a kid in the army.

3 Likes

Yo, Airbnb, start selling travel insurance, including CFAR. Line your pockets AND make your guests and hosts happy!
I cannot figure out what’s stopping them from entering into this market. I know, I’ve ranted and raved on this topic before. Sigh.

7 Likes

Insurance is complicated, but that did not stop Tesla from offering car insurance for about 25% cheaper than farmers

RR

1 Like

you have a Tesla? Are you hiring? :wink:

1 Like

He’ll be using it to drive for Uber during the recession. Be kind. :wink:

6 Likes

I got an email a day or so ago…

Trump just announced no travelers from Europe (oh, except the UK which is no longer Europe :crazy_face: ) for the next 30 days. Buckle up, cowboys.

I just purchased a “new to me” suv. It’s considered luxury -not my usual type of purchase. I was thinking of signing up for UBER however the good money comes from airport rides. Oh-dear

1 Like

Maybe this isn’t the best timing for taking on new work. Most of us could live more modestly and be very happy. Maybe there will be some good that comes of this rediscovery.

2 Likes

My husband and I were talking about the good things that come from being homebound (in addition to survival, I mean):

1. Eating out less (occasional delivery, maybe)—saves money, easier to eat less
  2. Time for small home projects
  3. Time for both of us to swim every day
  4. Time for hobbies we never get to
  5. Time to call people we haven’t contacted in a while
  6. Time to binge-watch something we’d otherwise feel guilty for
  7. Time with each other that we wouldn’t have—best of all!
9 Likes

Wash your mouth out @KKC…we are definitely still in Europe. Just not part of the EU :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s the guest’s problem, not yours. For me, it’s a business, and I have a policy and stick to it, and hope Air doesn’t screw me.

2 Likes

Set up your own FB page with you as a driver or in your area and invite other drivers and passengers. Set up “rides on demand” and ask passengers to post date, time, destination and then drivers can comment. Passenger picks a driver and then builds a clientele. #askmehowiknowthis

1 Like

I got a $20,000 loan in November for my new to me Escalade for my summer tour business, which is mostly cruise ship passengers. Now I’m getting folks who already booked asking if I can alter my refund policy (75% 28 days before, 50% 21 days before, 25% 14 days before, based on experience). I haven’t responded yet (these are for late May and early July) but am thinking I’ll use the “refund if I rebook” line since I’d rather have them cancel now and rebook later.

1 Like

I know, I have to separate myself as a business owner from just a homeowner. I do not rent my house for fun and I do not think it’s fair for them to take up a space in my calendar for 6 months to cancel 3 weeks in advance. It’s really not fair. I understand things are difficult right now, but at the same time, they are driving distance and I am sanitizing with 200+ degree steam. it’s not super dangerous. It’s probably worse for me than for them.

3 Likes

If mine was 29$, i’d just return it. Mine is for a full house during a major event. It inconveniences me a ton to have them cancel. I would have probably had a renter who would have shown up if they didn’t book. I held that space for them for all this time, even though they were underpaying compared to market. Now this!

Insurance isn’t going to be reimbursing people for coronavirus-related events. I just got an email from my insurance agent saying my private health insurance won’t.

If Elon is right it will go to work FOR me!

RR

3 Likes

… more likely: you would had other guests from the same event.

You also probably were able to increase your rates considerably due to the event making a sweet bundle.

Just write back to Airbnb: At this time we will uphold our cancellation policy. In case that we are able to re-book the dates, we will be able to increase our refund.

I did. I spent 43 minutes on hold with Air to make sure it was done correctly and he got his fees back, too.

He was very grateful.

2 Likes