Evaluating a good cleaner

Hey everyone, I’ve been interviewing some cleaners in my area for cleaning my airbnb in-between stays. I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on questions I should be asking to determine whether or not they are a good fit for the job. Also for those of you that hire cleaning crews, how do you evaluate how much you should pay for a cleaning service?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

I think you should clean yourself for awhile so you can then train the housekeepers to do it your way. Whoever does it needs to CARE that it is done well, and nobody cares like you will. I pay 25 an hour for a good housekeeper and I do it myself about 1/2 the time.

Good luck

RR

7 Likes

It also matters where one lives. The OP didn’t even say where the Airbnb is. If I could get $25 an hour to clean here in El Paso I could quit Airbnb and dog boarding. LOL.

5 Likes

Thank you both for your input!

I do my own rooms when possible, but my backup cleaner is a woman who does a lot of apartment turnovers. Her fee is $45 per room, so that’s my cleaning fee.

Check with landlords to find out who they would recommend.

I sourced my current brilliant cleaner by posting a job ad on a local FB board, although I have had a couple of mishaps along the way. I state that I am looking for some one who is a good time keeper, trustworthy and with integrity, and who enjoys cleaning.

I then ask them personally if they like cleaning, are they physically fit for a cleaning job
and can they guarantee good time keeping.

And are they scared of spiders…

Two mishaps involved people who had worse back problems than myself, and one person arriving 15 minutes late and leaving 15 minutes early. She lasted a week x 3 visits.

3 Likes

Maybe hire her to clean the home you live in. If you’re happy with the way she cleaned your home, then interview and explain expectations. Giving her a little extra bonus for every five star received for cleaning might also be an incentive.

2 Likes