Escalating issues with lack of support on Airbnb

i think twitter is a good suggestion. Bang the drum.
Also i find the supervisors in general are great handle things swiftly as needed but its a pain to get through to one often waiting on hold or waiting for a call back that may or may not come.

Its all part of doing business its ineffiecient and frustrating, but I put my phone on speaker while im doing something else then I make them wait while I have them on the line so I can multitask and give them a taste of their own ineffieciency !

I detest that they are called “support ambassador”. What a crock of kaka.

5 Likes

thank you I really needed that ~ Also, may I please share it?

By all means.

…,

JF

The issue is regarding the cancellation rate for superhost status. I had to cancel a guest, the only one in 4 years, who wanted a 3rd party to stay on her behalf. She sent an enquiry I accepted the booking without the knowledge of the third party. She then asked me to cancel her booking if I didn’t like her terms so I did. So my stats changed, and of course I will lose superhost due to a now high cancellation rate. I believe their calculations are unfair in general for small operators like myself, but also wanted them to look at my particular case because THE GUEST asked me to cancel. Anyway no joy with them, I’m pretty much over it, spent too much time trying to explain it over and over, usually via texting support. At the end of the day superhost is not the be all and end all and have noticed no one really cares about it… I’ll still get bookings with it without it.

Never cancel for a guest. You should’ve just told her that her party would not be admitted until she arrived.

3 Likes

Why did you cancel instead of asking her to?

So true! I so wish that more hosts would see things that way. Being awarded a ‘gold star’ by ‘teacher’ means nothing at all. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah - I’m surprised as an experienced host you would have cancelled a booking on behalf of the guest knowing Airbnb imposes penalties including not being eligible for SH status for a year.

You could have called Airbnb to do a no penalty cancellation/told the guest they needed to cancel/ or told the guest that you would only allow him/her to check in as Airbnb doesn’t accept third party bookings @JJD

Airbnb are correct in withdrawing your SH status in the circumstances.

As you have acknowledged that SH status is not that important to you, and it’s clear Airbnb correctly didn’t award it because you chose to cancel a booking - why are you wasting your time trying to escalate things with Airbnb over it ?

Just because a guest asks you to do something - doesn’t mean you should do it, particularly when it’s against your interests :grin:

2 Likes

Use the form , and call repeatedly -
Eventually you will get someone qualified to help . That was my experience with the guest who was trying to scam us into a $600 credit after their visit

Yesterday I received an instant book for a week which I had blocked in the calendar last June - my private note was still shown on the dates.

I messaged Airbnb, asked to communicate with a human and then explained the situation. Less than an hour later came the message that they had cancelled the guest and the reservation shows ad ‘cancelled by Airbnb”.

While the situation should never have arisen in the first place (the 3rd time in 3 years) I can’t fault the response by customer support.

1 Like

Guests being able to book and request blocked dates seems to be a tech glitch that has been happening to a lot of hosts recently- been reading this on host forums quite a bit. And it seems Airbnb is aware of it, at least that’s what another host said the rep told them when they called in, so hopefully they are cancelling these without hassle for all hosts it happens to.

It’s been happening to me for at least four years. I’ve had to contact them about 10 times . Each time they look into it and then cancel.

I have not read through the previous comments and so maybe this has already been mentioned. However, I had a guest leave me a bad untrue review that was slanderous after she tried to cancel her trip the day before and asked for a refund when I have a strict cancellation policy and was very upset about the policy. I contacted airbnb offered to show them proof of the lie and no dice. I did the twitter, IG and all the social media platforms and had rep call me to say that they could not remove the review. I had been a super host from the start of qualification and never had a bad review. So what did I do? I would call everyday and maybe on my 10th try, the rep said no problem send us the proof and after about a ten minute conversation is it was removed with no problem! I say try and try again because they don’t seem to keep tabs on how many times you call. Just an idea I thought Id share!

5 Likes