Enough with the non-stick cookware, folks

I had renaware, loved it and it’s still alive, but it’s not induction friendly. I put it into my airbnb cottage cos it still has an old style electric ceramic top stove. that doesn’t mean guests don’t burn stuff on it! people are too used to teflon (and terrified of oil, lol), they don’t know how to cook anymore.

how do you trust guests not to dishwasher your cast iron pans?? that’s a hard NO from me, i won’t even let my mum use them when she visits.

Funny though, this forum seems VERY pro-covid vaccine, the most untested vaccine in the history of human medicine with a terrifying number of AEs, and here we are talking about the dangers of teflon. hmm.

Wrong. mRNA research and applications has been going on since the 60’s.

3 Likes

Covid is a type of SARS virus.
2009 H1N1 was a pandemic.
H1N1 is a type of SARS virus.
mRNA vaccines were being tested then.

There are several SARS viruses. Part of the reason the Covid vaccine was developed fairly quickly was variations of it have been under development for decades.

4 Likes

Hardly untested, while relatively young as vaccine types go mRNA vaccines were used a good number of years ago initially I believe against Rabies!

Well, only to be expected really, MOST folks on here have sufficient grey matter to foresee what the alternative would be, if the vaccines hadn’t been manufactured and administered so rapidly.

JF

5 Likes

Yes, the forum prefers science to ‘My angry Uncle’s research’.

3 Likes
  1. They have to notice that I’m using cast iron in the downstairs kitchen.
  2. They have to ask if they can borrow a pan, which to me indicates that they prefer cast iron.
  3. I ask them if they prefer cast iron, discuss cooking and pan seasoning, and through the discussion and observation about whether they care for things in the kitchen, decide whether they probably will care for my pan properly.

The most requested cast iron pan is my 14 inch round griddle, because I furnish organic whole wheat sourdough pancake batter on request. I had one woman from Tennessee who wanted to make corn bread and told me that it only turned our perfect if she used a well seasoned cast iron skillet. It was perfect, and giving me a couple of pieces was my fee for using the pan. :wink:

2 Likes

That is a LIE. Please pay attention to TRUTH, which you won’t find on Fox, OAN, or from QAnon.

You WILL find it in peer reviewed scientific journals, and in the reports the FDA uses to decide whether to approve vaccines and medicines. If you don’t believe the science now, please don’t clog an emergency room expecting the science and medicine you don’t trust to save you.

3 Likes

One of the few good things I can say about the ex-husband is the man knew how to make excellent old school corn bread. He always used an old cast iron skillet & butter-lots of butter.