Education on linens

Is her blog the same one you do photography for @Tyann? Just wondering about the connection, seeing that your first post here is promoting it.

3 Likes

I have seen both. The shams generally are enveloping open in the middle and some what decorative and my have a large border flap. The pocket envelope pillow cases I have received with one set of bedding sheets I got once and I do like them! The envelope closure is at the end.

Irrespective, just another punter looking to sell themselves/something or whatever.

Flagged.

Adio.

JF

Yes, we are friends and she is also very well educated and versed on commercial linens when most other people are not. She has even helped me to create a linen program for my management company.

She works with many photographers, not just me.

It’s up to you how you want to educate your audience, I was just trying to be helpful. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I bought my white percale cotton sheets from www.welovelinen.com had them for 6 months now and they wash beautifully.

2 Likes

I love that you can buy all pieces as separates rather than in sets! I see an Australian and UK site, but I don’t think they have a US site, at least that I can find. Darn! The hunt continues!

I’m in the UK but I think they ship to U.S too :slight_smile:

I’ve been Airbnbing for 3 years now and I keep 3 sets of sheets per bed (1 on the bed, 1 on-hand to change, 1 to wash if dirty). I was also buying mine at Sam’s Club, but I found the 450 thread count solid sheets are much more comfortable, and the elastic on the fitted sheet holds up much better, than the 650 thread count striped ones. But as sturdy as they are, I found they would tend to have a hole show up after about 30 washings (or maybe it’s my machine?) Anyway, I went looking for another supplier and decided to try the Good Host Shop after they started pinging me on Instagram when I would post about my Airbnb. I also was looking for an affordable mattress cover that provided decent protection and they have one that is comfortable, zips the entire mattress up inside and provides waterproof protection for only $45 for a queen size. I bought mattress protectors for all my mattresses and I’m in the process of trying out their bedding on one of my beds. The sheets are SUPER soft, 100% cotton and 1800 thread count. I’ll see how they hold up, but they come with extra pillow cases and you can order extra sets for very reasonable prices. I’m also very impressed with their down-alternative comforters and covers. All are in white.

The only negative thing I have to say so far is, don’t order from these folks if you are in a hurry, lol. I needed the mattress covers in a hurry because I had just ordered all new mattresses for a new listing and I had guests coming in a week. They shipped from 3 different supplier locations and arrived the DAY before my guests arrived, so I was sweating over that. But I was very happy with what I received.

2 Likes

I did a little research on thread counts before choosing sheets for my listing, and found that sometimes a super-high thread count, while it may feel softer, is a thinner, weaker fabric and may not last as long or stay as nice as good quality 300-400 thread count percale.

Consumers have been convinced that higher thread count is always better, but that is not necessarily true. The type of cotton used also matters.

Here is a good description of thread count:

From wikipedia:

linen experts claim that beyond a thread count of 400, there is no difference in quality. The amount of thread that can fit into a square inch of fabric is limited, suggesting that bedding beyond 400 count is likely a marketing strategy.

And an article from the New York Times:

From the article:

“Once you get beyond 400 threads per square inch, be suspicious.” The standard for counting is to add each warp (vertical) and filling (horizontal) thread per square inch. The most that normally fits, he said, is 400, after which the threads are thinner and weaker. Some companies use two- or three-ply threads and multiply the count. “An 800-thread-count sheet made of two-ply yarn should legitimately be relabeled as 400,” he said. “That’s how you get 1,000 threads per square inch: creative counting.”

3 Likes

I’ve found that higher thread count sheets wrinkle more.

1 Like

I have found this to be 100% true. I’m on the same three sets of 100% cotton 300 TC white percale sheets for over two years! TC is a scam. Look for long staple cotton.

2 Likes

Seriously 80.00 for sheets? Not me , ever ! Cotton is better though. Stains hard to get out of microfiber.

Just purchased and received these today - I’ve purchased their percale pillow cases before and they are really good quality. This is the best price I’ve been able to find for percale lately (in stock). at $54. They seem thick and sturdy out of the box…will follow up after they are laundered. Only 9 left in Queen/white.

It irks me to have to buy sheets - the set I’m replacing were three years old and in excellent shape until a guest decided to sleep with a leaky ball point pen!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01APRNJRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Prime day deals! These are excellent Percale sheets, and finally on sale for prime day.
Queen/white $56 USD
(For some reason it’s linking to California King?) Looks like all sizes are still in stock.)

Because Queen and King white sets aren’t on Prime Deal. Only pillowcase sets and Cal King sets. Some sets in colors are on sale.

1 Like

Whoa! I wonder if white/Queen sold out on the Prime deal already! I added them to my cart last night then decided against it. I have enough sheets. LOL. Probably not as good as your Peruvian Peru, haha, I’m saving up for a set of those for myself!!!

1 Like

I also have enough sheets for now. I’m at a fraction of the number of bookings and so what I have will last a long time. Off topic for this thread but I did buy another Echo Dot on the Prime deal. I don’t know if I’m going to put it in the Airbnb room or another location but if I ever set it up for the Air room I’ll let you know what I learn about security settings.

2 Likes

I just blocked off the foreseeable future in my place. I had a few requests but talked them into withdrawing them. Not going do it anymore, this spike is freaking me out. Plus 2 of the reservations were FLYING in. Nope. Since August I’ve had drivers.

That would be great! I splurged on myself and got the Echo Show (the one that has a screen) for $50% off - $44 bucks. Won’t be sharing that one with guests though!

1 Like

@JJD may I ask what Country and if the USA, what State your in that you use a laundry service? We have two homes in Central Texas and we’re now looking at using a service for two homes. We have 18 beds; 14 in one house and the turnover is crazy! We have 3 washer and dryer sets in that one house and it’s still too time consuming.

@loislane21 can I ask how you the Good Host Shop sheets held up? The 1800 thread count you bought? I’ve been using the 800 TC from Sam’s Club and Costco for the past two years. I personally love them but I’m not wanting to continue with that expensive in my lower end property. I’m looking for something soft that will hold up to the high turnover; that particular home has 14 beds. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!