EARLY CHECK IN help me!

IF YOUR CHECK IN TIME IS 14:00 but the guests arrives at 7. in front of your door, what will you do???

Remind them of your checkin time. If they printed a copy of the confirmation, the checkin time will be listed.

Offer them some tips on places to visit until checkin time.

1 Like

They don’t reply me…that is the prblem.

1 Like

They don’t reply to you when they are standing at your door at 0700hrs?

2 Likes

I would tell them their room is not available as the current guests do not check out until check out time. I would say this whether guests were really there or not. Then tell them the room will need to be cleaned and ready at their check in time.

1 Like

Exactly. How do you know they are there?

3 Likes

We typically let guests know that our cleaners need time to ensure the property is properly setup for their arrival, and that they need to return at the property check-in time.

She makes stuff up I think!

4 Likes

Are they mutes? Or do they have a zombie look to them?

3 Likes

Zombies are such messy guests.

4 Likes

Good advice. Or suggest to go back to the cemetery where they undoubtedly came from. Even when they re-emerge from their graves and return at the appropriate 2pm, I would take note of boorks2adks’ excellent observation (zombies being so messy), and perhaps make sure to get an exceptionally high cleaning deposit up front.

3 Likes

I have had excellent zombie guests…the never cook and are very quiet. I agree, they can be messy, and I am always finding body parts left in the shower…

2 Likes

This happened to me at the begining of hosting, a man from Taiwan showed at 9 while I was at work, check in window was from 13.00 to 20.00. I didnot have any guest sleeping at that time, but I was in a meeting and I could not have let him in, even if I wanted. So I recommended him to leave the luggage at the station and made an appointment at 13.00. He gave me a 4* in communication and arrival, and I see how it was my fault. He was my fifth guest or so, and I did not have any experience then, I didn’t ask him the time of arrival before coming, just assumed he would know. Now I always ask and make sure there is a clear appointmnet fixed.

I thought this would helpful for anyone who hasn’t hosted zombies before. Crawler is a total drag, Shambler is a drunk, Walker is constantly tracking his steps on his Fitbit, Runner has an obsession with lycra, and Thriller is, like, totally fun at an 80’s dance party.

5 Likes

OMG. That’s terrible. All that effort screening guests to make sure you have the proper ethnicity and socio-economic status and they arrive early?! And they don’t reply? Hmmm. Not zombies, karma.

1 Like

Hmmm. The Crawler one is definitely a zombie before his first cup of coffee, but because there is usually a Cafe stand in most cemeteries, by the time they reached Chen’s door (7am) they were definitely ‘walkers’. I believe we have indeed solved the riddle.

2 Likes