Drop Covid Cleaning Effect

In Australia we haven’t had a Covid death for over 6 months and half the country shuts down for a week if there are a couple of cases in the community. It is always escaped cases from hotel quarantine for returned travellers. In other words it is not the same problem as US or Europe, let alone India (where flights to Australia have been banned for 2 weeks even for Australian citizens). Currently I am on the Covid Cleaning program but lose business as it blocks a day before and after booking. I don’t usually mind this but sometimes it means blocking the whole mid week with my 2 night minimum stay. I sometimes get other bookings directly and through HomeAway/Stayz.

Just wondering if any other Aussies or Kiwis have noticed a drop in bookings if they stop Covid Cleaning, for example do Airbnb put you further down search lists or fewer people book? Currently all my bookings are from people who live in Oz, as there are no inbound overseas tourists, I doubt that they consider it important but interested what others experience is.

Also non Aussie/Kiwi hosts: do you do it? Do guests care? I suspect like most hosts my standard of cleaning is so high to get that precious 5 star review on cleaning we fulfill most of the important criteria anyway.

Unfortunately you have to commit to Covid cleaning, or they just close down your listing…

3 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure what happened if you stopped. Now I know. :grimacing: