Dogs Again..newbie needs your help

Yes, I could do that @NordlingHouse but it has only happened once and for the most part our guests have been considerate of their pets and us.

2 Likes

@jaquo we seem to have a lot of pet hair. I don’t want to take chance. I die a thousand deaths every time I find a human or pet hair when I do a walkthrough with my lint roller after the cleaner has been there. My cleaner is very thorough, I don’t fault her. I know how it happens, the hair just clings to everything. It curls up into the terry towels, it sneaks in between the clean sheets, it sticks to anything static-y. One time someone bathed their black lab in the shower and I was tweezing the hair out of the runners for weeks. I have a blacklight flashlight which shows organic stains, so slobber, spray, drool. I also leave out water & food bowls, toys & treats (tho’ someone cautioned me about not giving their dog something without checking first, so I stopped that). I do put out several “pet only” comforters for them to use on the furniture. I learn as I go.

2 Likes

I put the packet on the dining table along with the human arrival treats. The owner can then decide but I think that they appreciate the thought even if they don’t give them to the animal.

It sounds as though you’re taking plenty of precautions to make sure that the rental is cleaned properly when you’ve had pet guests. The weird thing is that I’ve never had a shedding problem with animals in the rental but my cat at home produces enough fur daily to make another cat, :slight_smile:

I have more of a problem with human hair in the rentals and I consider a lint roller an essential part of hosting. When guests have just left I do the first (of several) sessions with the lint roller. Maybe your cleaner could do that also? Just a theory but starting to clean with the pet hair still in the room could cause it to spread around a bit?

It’s probably because of the way we clean. It’s not as if we can skip cleaning something just because there wasn’t a dog in there, we’re going to clean the same way either way. I suppose our standard cleaning may be what some would consider extra cleaning. Every inch is getting lint rolled regardless of the guest. For me, it’s always been people that have caused extra cleaning, things dogs would never do, like splattering candle wax on the furniture and walls, rearranging all of the furniture or getting curry in the sheets. And only people have left urine on the floor and wall.

However, we do the cleaning ourselves, if we were depending on a cleaner, I am sure we would have to clean after her and would be frustrated with that.

3 Likes

They probably consider that living in a house covered in pet hair is normal.

1 Like