Does the superhost status make that big of a difference?

Hello everyone!!

So after two years I have lost my super host status. I started out with two units but currently I am managing 24 and the more I manage the harder it gets. That being said I would like to ask you about the super host status benefits. Since I lost it last week I am barely getting bookings and inquiries. However we are currently getting into low season so that is another important point to consider.

Please let me know your thoughts guys.

Best.

1 Like

it might just be coincidence, as I’ve been SuperHose for 4 months and had a very flat spot just recently. I first got SuperHose just as busy season started, and the booking were already piling in.

I’ve been a SH ten periods in a row, and haven’t seen any booking benefit directly attributable to the status. I’ve gotten a few $100 travel vouchers, which are nice since we do travel and stay in Air listings, of course.

We have been getting bookings approx every 3 weeks (which suits us) regardless of SH status. We had it for a time but lost it due to closing our calendar for a while. When traveling we look for location, price, nice place and reviews first. SH is a bonus but not essential for us.

It seems to make little difference in search rankings. I noticed a much bigger lift by going to IB.

The only real perk seems to be priority service when you call CS. I’ve only had to call a couple times and the wait has never been over 5 minutes.

I’m not sure it makes a big difference. We have SH and have had for a while. Bookings vary with the seasons, April to September is mad and the rest of the year quieter but steady. I agree that instant book makes a difference. I like the travel coupon though. That’s always a nice bonus :blush::blush:

there must be guests who select the SH box when searching, but maybe there are so many SH’s that we wouldn’t notice those handful of guests

1 Like

Being SH 6 periods in a row has really made no difference in my metrics or business. I’m still Wal Mart, not Saks or Harrods.

It did however give me greater personal confidence in general, and that means quite a bit to me at this point in my life.

But like everything else, this may change.

3 Likes

6 periods in a row is great, well done! I love the Wal Mart self-awareness too, you’re just as valid a destination, as Wal Mart is a valid shopping experience

1 Like