Does declining an INQUIRY actually hurt you

Ok. I got it. Wow I have declined so many inquiries but now I know better, thx.

Brilliant! Iā€™ve always responded in the negative but donā€™t decline. I assume if you donā€™t approve/decline airbnb is not holding these days until you do? I know when I approve they are still available to bookā€¦

Not if itā€™s an Inquiry.

You have the option of blocking the days from IB when you send a Pre-Approval, itā€™s a toggle switch option.

Oh thatā€™s right, I remember now. I am 99% IB so get very few inquiries!

1 Like

Yeah I get the inquiries for the people with dogs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it does.

I just saw that one of the things that ā€œneed attentionā€ is my acceptance rate is only 83%
and should be ā€œ88ā€

In the last 2 months I declined a Woman who wanted to stay here for 3 months and asked a lot of questions and didnā€™t like my answers . She wanted to know about letting her cat outside ( I take animals and it says animals upon request ) and I said no because I have foxes here

ALSO last week I received a request from someone booking for his boss the same day
So my calendar was blocked and THIS one gave me his phone number ( blocked out by AirBnB ) to talk off app about arrangements. So I declined

forgot to add that the foxes are outside

1 Like

It sounds like these were requests, not inquiries. My (admittedly limited) understanding is that you are not penalized for declining an inquiry, but are for declining a request.

3 Likes

Excellent response :wine_glass:

I have similar when someone announces they will be checking in early, along the line of ā€œwell, Iā€™m sure the current occupants of your apartment, Mr & Mrs Rodriguez, wont mind shuffling up a bit in the bed, but you may end up in a queue for the showerā€

Never sent it, but tempted a few times.

On one forum I was an admin for, many years ago, we used to call it ā€œan incident of whisky fingersā€.

:slight_smile:

JF

3 Likes