Does anyone use Stripe? Refund chaos

I use Airbnb and I also accept direct bookings from my own site. I therefore use Stripe (a bit like Paypal) to handle all the financial transactions, and I am hitting a brick wall of sheer chaos in trying to refund my guests who have cancelled their upcoming stays with me.

Does anyone have any advice or links to an online tutorial - despite numerous emails with their customer support I have no way of knowing when my guests will be refunded or any record of how much - it’s an utter shambles.

Thanks in advance,

Helen

I’ve been able to issue refunds through the Stripe dashboard (returning of security deposits):

From the Dashboard

1. Find the charge to be refunded in the Payments overview page.
  2. Click the ••• icon to the right of the charge and select Refund charge .
  3. Enter the amount to be refunded. The default is a full refund. For a partial refund, enter a different amount to be refunded.
  4. Select a reason for the refund. If you select Other , you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
  5. Click Refund .

The below link has some other refund options available:
https://support.stripe.com/questions/refund-a-customer

Best of luck!

There is plenty of information in Stripe’s knowledgebase, but here’s your answer:

We use Stripe for our clients’ ecommerce applications and once it’s set up, it’s easy to use and navigate.

As you know, Stripe has an open API, as is used mainly because it can be easily coded into a custom UI. So, you likely use Stripe through a UI, that UI should have easy ways to refund.

The refund fees are brutal, thank god I was grandfathered in until April 1! But from then on it will be a bloodbath.