Do you message your Guests?

My place is self check-in and i don’t normally message the guests other that check in instructions on the day, As most of the guests are 1 nighter’s however, i feel i should contact the guests staying longer than a night out of politeness but i don’t know how best to word a message without it coming over as if i am checking up on them?

Any advise on wording a simple ‘‘Hi is everything ok message’’

@CarlaC Yes it’s polite, and (unfortunately) may help cover your a$$ if anything goes wrong later.

Something like: “Hi. I hope you are enjoying your stay – please don’t hesitate to ask if there is anything I can help you with”.

I find a lot of people are too embarrassed to ask straight out, so breaking the ice helps. I get a lot of - “well since you mention it, would you have an XYZ we could borrow?”

7 Likes

Hi xxx, I hope you are enjoying your stay. If you need anything don’t hesitate to contact me."

2 Likes

@elescondite Thank you!

Had a ‘‘Blonde moment’’ couldn’t think how best to word it, everything i typed just came over like i was an over bearing worried host.

On the first morning, “I hope you slept well and are having a comfortable stay. Please message me if you need something.”

1 Like

“Good morning, Julie. Welcome to our home! Is everything as you expected?”

After they respond (usually “Yes, everything is wonderful”), I reply “That’s good to hear. I won’t bother you again, but don’t hesitate to contact me if there is something you need.”

4 Likes

I always message them shortly after check-in. I write something like “Just checking in to see if there is anything you may need. Please feel free to call me at xxx if you need something. Hope you enjoy your stay.”

I usually send this the morning after they check in, “Hi there, just touching base to see if you needed anything or had any questions. I hope you’re enjoying your stay so far!”

Also, I state this in my self check instructions, “We typically check in with you once to see how things are going then leave you alone, but definitely let us know if you need anything. We live very close by and are happy to answer any questions, give recommendations, transportation tips, etc. so feel free to contact us.”

It really depends on the rules. For me communication with my guest is very important to make sure that everything is ok. For self-serving place, there should be communication line between the host and the guests.