Do you ask Guests for Reviews?

As you are new and still need to build on your reviews I would advise you to send them a message through Airbnb thanking them for their stay, hoping that now they got back home , how much you enjoyed hosting them and mentioning your review for them. Finally tell them that as you are new the reviews are very important part of getting your business going and if they wouldn’t mind completing one for you if they get a minute I did this with every one at the beginning if they didn’t leave a review for the first three days and they all have me 5 star reviews.

Except other diners don’t choose which waiter to go to based on what tips they have gotten in the past…

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s comparable to a tip at all! They rely on reviews to choose the place, they adhere to the ‚Hi I‘m Sam‘ friendly community style, they benefit from the high pressure system put on us hosts to do everything necessary above and beyond to get a good review.

Not taking 4 minutes after their trip is just rude or else they don’t realise how important it is.

I think it is perfectly justified to mention the review system in your host materials and exit letter. And to follow up if they promise to leave one but don’t.

Dear x, we rely on guest reviews for on order to appear in the search results when people look for an apartment on xxx. Missing reviews have a big impact on our visibility and livelihood. Would you please be so kind as to leave a short review, it is very important to us.

Apologies for the bother and thanks for taking the time.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and i hope you will be back!

1 Like

I just gave a guest her first bad review and thumbs down, I must say it was a bit satisfying not only because she earned the review, but that she had 7 prior reviews yet had never reviewed a host. I knew she would not review so no reason to wait until last minute!

RR

3 Likes

i would do the same calculate to the minute the time i can put the review.
Problem is , i have seen reports of people who have come back “from the dead” when you give a bad review the zombie assault even thru airbnb help staff can be an intimitading factor.

But the location should NOT be rated. What should be rated is the accuracy of the description of the location. Which is why Air should get rid of this useless category, which hosts can do nothing about.

1 Like