Do requests in the description matter?

I’ve actually had the opposite experience, more people are booking for two when there are two.

I also don’t think this fellow is trying to get away with anything, he’s just slacking it. And now I’m going to have to escalate with Airbnb to get my $5. It’s so much easier to get them to accept the change before they arrive than doing resolution center after the reservation starts. And in this case I had a couple of days before they arrived so I should have just messaged again or gone ahead and put the change request in and messaged him to accept or clarify that only one was coming.

No. I was just startled. I find it annoying when they sit in the driveway for 30 minutes using the internet but it doesn’t cost me anything and it doesn’t keep me from cleaning the room so I let it go. When it’s after 11 though I do lock the outside security door so they can’t let themselves back in.

We humans are quirky that way. I think our primal brain reacts to what is “ours” and “theirs.” The guest thinks, it’s mine until 11 am. The host thinks it’s mine and once your stuff isn’t in there to mark it you can’t use it. We’re resource guarding. LOL.

Sorry, dogs on the brain this weekend.

LOL exactly! (looking sideways at the guests, ears flat back, suppressing a growl …)

1 Like