Do non-public reviews count towards Superhost rankings?

Well, it doesn’t look like I can PM files. PM me your email addresses and I’ll send them your way :slight_smile:
I print on brightly colored paper and slide into those sheet protectors and keep them in a binder.

You aren’t missing much! I’ve never been a SH, and look how long I’ve been doing it. As others have mentioned, SH can sometimes get you very nit picky guests who expect WaaaaaaaaaaY more. Is that what you really want? More entitled guests? :smile:

Hi @konacoconutz,

I definitely don’t want more picky guests. Though in fairness most of my guests don’t appear to be picky.

In my case, it’s simply an issue of visibility. There are a lot of listings in this city, many of them underpriced. And it’s easy to get lost in the crowd. And SH would definitely improve my visibility. Though I don’t think becoming a slave to Airbnb’s rating system is a healthy way to live.

Anyway, it’s obviously time to actively start diversifying. I’m not the most quickwitted person around, but I can read the writing on the wall.

1 Like

There’s a NT Times article, Five Days in Mumbai. Thought of you and wondered if you’d get more bookings!

Hi @konacoconutz,

Do you have a link? Assuming the article is public.

And that is precisely the only reason I want SH.

1 Like

Hi @Sarah_Warren,

Does your city have a lot of listings? I think in another thread you said 150. I don’t know how many Bombay has, but a lot more than that. I guesstimate something between 1200 and 1500. And they seem to be increasing.

Google it? If I link to it I give up one of my ten free articles. :smile:

I tried. It didn’t bring up anything. But don’t worry about it.

I am SO SORRY… It was 36 hours in Mumbai:

Ah. When it comes to this city, less is definitely more.

3 Likes

Is the article http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/22/travel/22hours.html ?

No idea why the mismatch. Perhaps they were trying to extend the Indianness to having a url which didn’t match the title of the article.

Not sure… If I click on it, I lose one of my Ten!

That is very cryptic. I’m tempted to think this has some kind of mystical meaning. But perhaps not.

No… I mean, you get 10 free articles with the NY Times per month… And I need to keep reading about how hard Donald Trump is going down right now. :smile:

3 Likes

What a coincidence. You mean that nasty 3 minute recording? I was just listening to it.

It’s satisfying when people live down to your expectations of what they are like. And when it comes to Trump, down really means down.

1 Like

We had thought with his last gaffe that the bar couldn’t go any lower? Well now it’s flush with the ground! LOL

Last gaffe? I don’t keep track. But that tape is all over the net. Hard to ignore.

No one can keep track Faheem. There are just too many to count. :smiley:

1 Like

I only search for places in my area that would be similar competition, so either whole places or that can take more than 2 people. And that usually averages between 100-150 within a 20 mile radius most weekends. I’m sure if I were to look at all places and not limit it at all I’d find a lot more.