Do guests see what you click for recommendation?

Oh calm down. Please look at what you recently wrote about me. You said I’m wishey washey. And as far as describing you as dictatorial, please look again at your comments, which I really did enjoy–about coming down hard and strict on guests otherwise they’ll run amok. Very humorous. I envisioned a Monty Python skit depicting “Guests Gone WIld!”.

Also, don’t be so thin skinned! I was attempting some humor, levity with my comments but it didn’t come across that way. Sorry.

I’m sure you didn’t mean it to be, but your comment to Kona did come over as somewhat defensive and aggressive (hmm, can you be both things at once?) I don’t think anyone would like being described as having an authoritarian personality! I think what she is saying is that if the rules and boundaries are clear enough there will be less actual need to be authoritarian because all parties will know what’s expected of them which, as in kindergarten, leads to more comfort for everyone.

Like you though, I err on the softie side and although it works well with most guests, I do know I get taken advantage of sometimes and that makes me resentful … luckily when I start letting someone walk all over me I have a husband who will murmur “doormat” at me!

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. But you have to admit–and it does not bother me at al!!!l–that she does make some strong statements that come across as being bossy. I do apologize if I offended anyone.

And I’m a doormat too, at times. My 7 day guest that is supposed to check out at 11 is still here. I woke him up at l0:45. He’s in the shower. Ugh.

Hi @J_Wang,

I’m hesitant to jump in here, but I think you’re misreading where @konacoconutz is coming from. Her comments are just the outward expression of her personal defense mechanisms. That doesn’t make her Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS. :slight_smile:

I think she expressed her viewpoint clearly as “You can’t let guests walk all over you. If you do, you will eventually have trouble.” Everyone had their own different ways of dealing with problematic behavior and situations, whether it is from wacky Airbnb guests or something else. And they all have their tradeoffs, and different people’s approaches stem from their different personalities, situations and life histories. And different approaches work for different people, for one reason or the other.

Personally, I’m generally not someone who gets in people’s faces about stuff, but I respect people who do. And I can get pretty aggressive myself when I’m sufficiently upset - I tend to yell when I get frustrated. But I prefer not to do so, because I don’t think it’s good for me.

I appreciate your comments. I think everyone is misreading. It’s probably more of a case of not knowing the personality of others like you and many others do because you’d been chatting here for a long time.

Don’t be! It’s all good. I’m not offended or have hurt feelings from the comments others make here about me or about whatever topic. It’s great fun reading it all and hugely interesting to hear others’ viewpoints.

Have you ever spent seven hours managing a room of 24-plus five year olds? When you have, get back to me.

What I don’t understand is when people have trouble with guests, come here and ask for advice, we tell it like it is and then get called bossy.

Oh really? I think I can TRUMP (choke) your challenge. I’m a teacher. I taught middle school for Los Angeles Unified School District in one of the worst areas of L.A. for several years at a school that was and still is 99% black–one of the few. Most are majority Mexican now with kids that are not easy to manage. I bailed on the full-time teaching to just sub. I prefer and actually only do special needs classes for kids with moderate to severe disabilities. I change diapers. I get bit and spit on. But I love it, and I don’t have to put up with those snarky regular ed kids! :slight_smile:

I do all of it, special needs too.
And have changed diapers also.

But since we have exchanged some kind of pleasantries before I don’t understand why you continue to call me names.

What names? I check in here once in a while and I see you making bold, bossy statements, which is just fine! I like “take charge” types :))).