Dinged for the cat again!

I just had to jump in here - they do! We do and we’ve had quite a few guests bring their cats. Our listing says ‘no pets’ but cats are different - part of the family :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol We usually don’t travel with ours. She doesn’t like new places too much.

1 Like

There’s an eccentric who walk down my local highstreet with a black and white cat on a lead, perched on his shoulder like a parrot. A carrot or pat perhaps. I bet he’d check in to an Airbnb with the cat. My cat would be really pissed off because even with him on the worktop that cat would be higher than him!

2 Likes

“A pet is a gift from God.” Flowers for Algernon

When OneCat died last year at 18, daughter TwoCat moved to the cottage. Now I can accommodate anyone. But I pine for them. Many guests miss them too. Now we are schmoozing the neighbour’s cats.

2 Likes

I’d much rather share a listing with a host’s fur babies than their small children :baby:!!!

4 Likes

I’d much rather share a listing with a host’s fur babies than their small children :baby:!!!

hahhaha!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not sure why the emjoi baby’s head is so giant. LOL ???

2 Likes

You have the right to have a cat & it will behave however they wish. Unfortunately, I’ve visited friends who meticulously clean their houses, use dishwashers & I’ve still been served drinks with car hair floating in top. I’ve also been served baked goods by friends who have accidentally had a piece of their hair fall into the dough. These things happen, but many people are going to be more unhappy about cats issues, guests will agree to anything while booking & then on arrival it makes a big difference… You can only do your best to deter those who will be offended but some will show up anyway…Unfortunately.

This rule seems to have worked well so far …

2 Likes

Perhaps you can request they confirm that they understand they will be among cats and dogs who roam free, by posting a few of your rules and they acknowledge by repling with a code word of “your” choice to be sure they understand YOUR rules and acknowledgements. It works for me!

1 Like

Absolutely. Rule 1) ‘Its impossible to stop the cat jumping up on my kitchen table 24/7, so if this is a cleanliness issue for you then please don’t book.’ It’s working well.

I’ve had a cat for 15 years and I’ve never had cat hair in my drink that I can remember.

No I have never had cat hair on any cutlery or crockery. It goes from the dishwasher to the cupboard. Simples.

1 Like

Like many other animals, cats find direct stare to be threatning. People who dislike cats usually avoid making eye contact with cats which makes them, paradoxically, to be more likeable to cats. :smiley:

3 Likes

This is true. But if a cat knows you and considers you part of her home/territory/family/clan, she will gaze into your eyes and blink slowly and repeatedly. I’ve read this is the equivalent of “kitty kisses” and my tiger girl does this with me often. My black one shows affection by head butting me so hard she’s almost given me a fat lip in the past, LOL!

5 Likes

Well, thank you @Inna - mystery solved. What a useful forum this is!

2 Likes

Yes, they say that blinking is the equvalent of a kitty smiling!:smiley_cat:

Yes! And if you do it back to them (even cats you don’t know well), they will often reciprocate, and you can tell their nerves are calmed. I have a boy who was feral, is now 10, but still a nut, and I can almost see him exhale when I “eye kiss” him.

Wish all guests give extra star for cats…

9 Likes

I miss my wooties terribly!