Dinged for the cat again!

Apparently cats find hostile body language attractive. Maybe it’s because they are solitary animals. Either that or just contrary.

A stray that likes to fight? You are describing my ex boyfriend.

5 Likes

Perhaps rewrite the last sentence to:
There’s also a friendly spaniel, who’ll wag his tail, but stays off the tops.

1 Like

Bahahaha. The stray cat strut! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes more to my patter routine. It doesn’t alter the fact he’s probably been up on the table during the night of course, but this is not about logic, it’s about impression and expectation management. Aren’t we daft creatures!

1 Like

This is my cat, Velvet, reading the riot act to the dogs, Honey and Missy.

6 Likes

As a childhood victim of living with a animal hoarder I DETEST cats and would never consider sharing space with one. So I would be appreciative of a cat reminder email if somehow I slept-booked a place with a disclosed cat. I am would agree that the space could never be 5 star clean with a cat in residence. That part of the review is fair unless you have one of those creepy hairless cats.

RR

1 Like

Omg this is harsh yikes

Maybe you should detest the source

1 Like

This is so upsetting, sorry

Ugh, you’re telling me no child should be subjected to that.

Or you meant I was harsh?

Surely not I said I would appreciate a reminder email, if I ever booked a place with cats and they were disclosed it would certainly be my bad.

RR

Delivered by carrier pigeon

1 Like

laugh out loud let’s not get our panties all in a bunch. I hate cats. I avoid them and would be the idiot responsible should I ever book a space with one.

Maybe I should detest the source…

Ah there is a thought, maybe my hatred of cats is a hatred of the person who exposed me to the insanity. Wow thanks you nailed it. I can call off the therapist now.

I’m joking 1/2 the time to numb the pain. That and drinking too much please don’t get too upset

RR

Delivered by carrier pigeon

I have a lovely Belgian couple and their 17 yr old son becoming regulars, as son starts Uni in London this September. When they first visited, mum was really cat phobic, and eventually disclosed that a pet cat had scratched her badly as a child. Her disclosure seemed to help, and by visit 3, she was able to tickle George The Cat’s tummy. I now can add behaviour therapy to my offering, but not for cats themselves sadly, only people.

4 Likes

I was wondering … Animal hoarding is a mental illness with far reaching effects.
I don’t agree that you can’t get 5 stars with a cat in residence. Studies show more bacteria live on kitchen cloths than anywhere else. A lot of ideas about cleanliness are all in the mind, and not based on evidence. Also unless there is an allergy, pets generally improve health - the immune system, heart, mood etc…
Humans have a lot of dirty habits, many of them are dirtier than my pets. Actually if you manage to keep a house smelling clean and fresh with a dog in it, it’s probably cleaner than a house without.
I would hope most cat haters would not be so stupid as to book with a host with a cat avatar. They should be scanning the listings for pets.

5 Likes

That is so sweet that your kitty changed her mind!

2 Likes

I always say my cat is cleaner than a lot of human beings. My mother in law doesn’t like them much either but I tell her that we’ve had our cat for 15 years and no one has died. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@RiverRock, 4 stars for cleanliness for the simple fact that a cat is in residence is NOT fair. I’m curious why you feel that way. Cats actually hate being dirty, and healthy ones are very adept and effective at cleaning themselves.

2 Likes

I think that since this is continuing to happen, maybe you should just remove the caveat of “if you have allergies…”

Just list that you have a cat. Put the cat(s) in one of your photos with their name.

MAKE NO APOLOGIES.

If a guest balks, then it’s on them.

I truly feel that the wording in our listings invites some guests’ complaints. Don’t give them any ammunition. Mentioning your cat is enough, then if they choose to cancel, it’s on them. People with cat allergies (I am one) know if they can be in a house with cats and will look for that information if the allergy is severe. If it’s mild, like mine, they will wash their hands after petting felines, and that’s that.

You don’t need to apologize for your pets. It is an unscrupulous guest trying to get refunds/discounts/or create drama who will even mention your pets, and those people should not be on a homesharing site to begin with. We don’t need to cater to those morons, but occasionally there will be that creep who is just never satisfied. If it wasn’t the cat, it would have been some other phantom "reason’ for the dinged stars. Just forget about them.

cat hair, dander, cats have no boundaries up on tables and everywhere. The exception would be a hairless cat or an outside cat. But I would NEVER put myself in the position of boarding with a cat, if I somehow drunk booked a cat house I would not give the 4 stars…

RR

2 Likes

Too bad everyone can’t be like you.