Different Minimum Day and Pricing Structure?

So, maybe someone on here has a good trick on how to do this.

I’ve written to Airbnb about this but never really got a good answer back from them.

It would be nice to be able to have 2 (or more) different ways to price your rental property at the same time.

As it is now you set it up with a minimum night stay and nightly pricing for those nights. I’d like to be able to setup our place with a 2 night minimum with corresponding pricing and a 3 night minimum “or more” with corresponding pricing that would obviously be less than 2 nights.

Problem I have is for a 2 night minimum my pricing is quite a bit higher per night. If someone is looking for 3 nights or better our place comes in quite a bit more expensive in a search than comparable places and we lose the booking. If I keep it at 3 night or better our place doesn’t even show in searches for the people just wanting a quick weekend out.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

We have this set up on BDC, high price for a one nighter but if more than one night price drops. Not sure how to do on Airbnb, in fact not sure you can.

Maybe by having two listings, with a linked calendar and differing min stay price etc might work? Worth playing with it?

JF

2 Likes

@conestoga and @JohnF If I understand you correctly, this should do it. I do a lot of this kind of stuff for our listings.

Set your listing for a 2 night minimum and your nightly price that you want for it when it’s booked only for 2 nights. Then go to Listings -> Pricing -> Length of Stay Discounts and set the percentage of discount you want to give for 3 or more days.

Alternately, you can use Rule Sets, which I explained here: No bookings coming at all
Let me know if that helps and if you have any questions, I’m happy to assist!

3 Likes

Probably not the solution you are looking for but a cleaning fee “discounts” guests the longer they stay.

1 Like

Thanks JJD, this is kind of what I’m looking for. I do not see how to make the discount work for 3 nights vs 2 nights though? I see for a week…or a month. I tried it for a week, which works…just not for three or more day (until you get to a week).

2 Likes

@conestoga If you go to Listings --> Pricing --> Length of Stay Discounts, do you have this same screen like this? Or only Weekly and Monthly options?

I used to have only weekly and monthly options but got these options a few months ago. At the bottom under “Add a Custom Discount”, you can select a variety of nights 2, 3, 4…21, etc.

It’s possible that it’s one of those functionalities that they roll-out to some areas or hosts or however they do their thing. Prior to having these options, I used the Rules Sets which you should be able to get by getting the Professional Host Tools.
@Brian_R170 explains that well here: Aynone else remember when you used to be able to see how many viewings you had on a given day?

Let me know if any of this helps or if I can help with the rules sets.

1 Like

JJD appreciate the insight. I’ll take a look at your suggestions. Right now I only have 1 week and 1 month discounted areas to work with.

thanks.

1 Like

It may be something new because I just checked my listing and I can only customize weekly or monthly pricing. I would like to offer a one night stay with a higher cleaning fee.

1 Like

Old post that I started but thought I’d share the results of this.

JohnF hit the nail on the head. I copied my existing listing, creating a new one with a slight name change. I set the min/max days for 2 nights, changed the pricing structure for the 2 night listing then I linked the 2 calendars together. Worked like a charm. Now my listing shows up on 2 night searches for people who want to get away for a quick weekend and my other covers the 3 night or more stays.

Pretty sure this is do-able using Professional Hosting Tools, without creating a whole new listing, etc.

Though some do use a separate listing for events, etc.

1 Like