Did anyone else get email about New Year’s Eve booking?

I got an email from Air this morning saying:

Your listing’s booked for New Year’s Eve

Just a reminder that you have guests coming on New Year’s Eve. We know the New Year is a busy time of year. If your plans have changed and you can no longer host, cancel as soon as possible to avoid an increased cancellation fee and to give your guests time to find another place.

That’s odd. Why would they think people made a wrong decision or changed plans with letting guests know which result in loosing Super Host?

Did someone else got it as well?

I don’t think Airb are thinking hosts have made a wrong decision, they’re just hoping to make one of the most hectic nights of the year run smoothly. Double checking, rather than accusing.

1 Like

I bet that last New Year’s there were a huge number of complaints from guests who were unable to get into listings and/or had them canceled at the last moment. This email did not go out last year.

2 Likes

They got complaints from my guests but not over that.

2 Likes

I got one, but I have a long term guest in residence till February 11 so I guessed it’s a blanket email to everyone.

1 Like

I actually don’t think that this is the case. I think that this was a blanket email to all hosts that have a reservation for New Year’s eve weekend.

2 Likes

I do and didn’t get the memo.

1 Like

No memo here in Canada.

1 Like

received in Australia

1 Like

I received it as well. They must have had an excess of last minute cancellations last NYE…

1 Like

I didn’t get an email. My space is booked out for NY and I’m afraid they’re going to cancel, as although I tripled the rate and changed to a 4 night minimum (woohoo!) I forgot to switch from flexible to strict cancellation policy… fingers crossed!

1 Like

I got one, and I have a guest already booked for that weekend.

1 Like